Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

Menu Control with my background images Options
RobStan
Posted: Wednesday, September 19, 2007 8:14:52 AM
Groups: Member

I'm using the asp.net 2.0 menu control now but it doesn't have some of the desired effects I want, but your menu does have a lot of them. But I do have some questions about your menu that I couldn't fine. Can we create our own templates? The menu I'm using now is simular the Windows Vista template but on mine when you mouseover the item the backgound changes for the table cell not the link, so it goes from top to bottom and it uses a different image that is a little darker. It also has separator images between each item. Can I create these features in your menu? Your menu has the option of having it click before it opens the list while the asp.net menu control does not. So it seems like I just need to create my own template maybe?
eo_support
Posted: Wednesday, September 19, 2007 8:35:00 AM
Groups: Administration

Yes. All the templates are created by setting various properties. None of the appearance settings you see is hardcoded. The built-in templates are basically "samples" to show you what can be done. If you go to Start -> EO.Web Controls 2007.1 -> EO.Web Help -> EO.Web Menu -> Using EO.Web Menu, you will see a whole lot details about how to customize the appearance of the menu under "Look, Skin and Theme" and "Style and Appearance" section. Also, you can read "Understanding built-in styles", that section explained how each template is created.