Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

Multiple File Selection in uploader Options
Christian
Posted: Friday, May 21, 2010 10:06:45 AM
Groups: Member

Hello, please tell me if there is a control property in the uploader that I can set to allow multiple file selection.

Thanks.
eo_support
Posted: Friday, May 21, 2010 10:12:54 AM
Groups: Administration

Hi,

No. It is not possible to do that without third party plug-ins such as Adobe Flash.

Thanks
Christian
Posted: Friday, May 21, 2010 10:20:05 AM

Ok.

Can you please tell me how do I use Flash in order to do that??

Thanks.
eo_support
Posted: Friday, May 21, 2010 10:27:00 AM
Groups: Administration

Hi,

Sorry that I didn't explain it clearly. What I meant is browser by itself does not support multi-file selection, so multi-file selection must be done through a plug-in. Our uploader is a pure JavaScript/DHTML solution (it does NOT rely on any plug-ins), so it is not possible to have multi-file selection with our uploader. If you must have multi-file selection, you may want to check other products on the market that specifically have this feature, just keep in mind that because this is not possible with pure JavaScript/DHTML, any product that supports this must be relying on some kind of plug-ins. This also means this feature will NOT work if user does not have the needed plug-in installed on their computer (This is also why we do not rely on plug-ins so that our product always works).

Hope this clears up. Please feel free to let us know if you still have any questions.

Thanks!
Christian
Posted: Friday, May 21, 2010 10:35:51 AM

Ok. Now I got it.

Thanks.
Tom
Posted: Monday, September 20, 2010 5:57:41 AM

eo_support, you could easily expand your uploader by adding small hidden flash plugin which had Open File Dialog with multiple file selection. Look how cool Google did that in GMail(file attachment upload). This is essential feature I think.