Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

Eo.Pdf Memory issues and Azure compatibility Options
Shanto
Posted: Friday, October 20, 2023 6:54:18 AM
Groups: Member

Hello Everyone,
I am new to EO.Pdf libraries. I have below questions about it.

1. How to prevent memory issues of EO.Pdf? [I am using this on an ASP.Net Core web app]
2. I suppose, ClearResult() is supposed to free the memories generated by EO.Pdf calls.
a. Will it create any problems in a multi-threading environment? Because multiple threads may call ClearResult()
at one time.
3. Can a license be added only one time during application boot-up?
4. Are there any compatibility issues with Azure App Service?

Please let me know the answers to these questions.
TIA
eo_support
Posted: Friday, October 20, 2023 10:55:02 AM
Groups: Administration

Hi,

Thanks for contacting us. As to your questions:

1. Generally you do not have to do anything particular to prevent memory issue. Memory are automatically managed;
2. You do not have to call ClearResult because it will be automatically cleared after a while (by default 10 minutes) . However if you are sure you won't need it any more, you can call ClearResult to free up the memory early to improve the performance;
3. ClearResult will not have any problem in multi-thread environment. In fact the very scenario ClearResult is for is in high concurrency multi-thread environment because the HTML to PDF result is maintained per thread. If there was only one global conversion result, then it would not be a big issue. However when you have many threads and each thread keeps its own result, then it can become an issue. ClearResult ONLY clears the result for the current thread. It does not clear result for other threads;
4. Yes. License SHOULD be added only once during Application boot up. You could add it multiple times but it is not necessary;
5. No. Many of our customers ues Azure App Service.

Please feel free to let us know if you have any more questions.

Thanks!
Shanto
Posted: Friday, October 20, 2023 12:47:22 PM
Groups: Member

Hello,

Thank you for your quick reply.

About the memory issues I mentioned, we were using DLLs of version 2019 and this leaked a huge amount of memory in Azure App Service. Later, we replaced it 2023 version, and now the memory issue is fixed, but randomly we are getting a License invalid error. It is not reproducible all the time. (We double-checked the license, it's totally fine)

Please let me know if you have any insights regarding this.

Thanks
eo_support
Posted: Friday, October 20, 2023 1:13:35 PM
Groups: Administration

Hi,

Can you send us the invalid license error message? Make sure you update to the latest build (23.3.60) first. You can send us the error message through contact us page or private message since the error message can contains sensitive information such as your order number.

Thanks!