Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

EO.Browser WIndows Forms .NET Framework 4.8.2 Memory Leak Apparently Options
VIctor Peres
Posted: Thursday, February 29, 2024 3:11:30 PM
Groups: Member

Hi,

I have a Windows Forms application using .NET Framework 4.8.2 and EOBrowser version v23.3.84.0 and everything works correctly!

However, when it is run several times in a row the error occurs: MapViewOfFile failed, Win32 Error: 8 in EO.Internal.ivul.lrqp(String& nrv, Int32& nrw)

I implemented webView.Engine.Stop(true) together with webView.Engine.AllowRestart = false ... but the error remains every time EOBrowser is used several times in a row.

My application have several windows forms each one with specific webview and webcontrol, and this forms and this forms are used throughout the day numerous times alternately. As soon as the application is started everything works but over time memory overflow happens and to use EOBrowser again it is necessary to restart the machine.

Any solution for this problem?

This is msg was sended me on this support, but I cannot understand how I implement this:
"Hi,
The best way to avoid this error is to start the engine as early as possible and do NOT stop it. We are unable to verify the exactly location of the out of memory error due to the fact that we can not match the line you posted with the version you mentioned, but the most common place of out of memory error is when engine starts since that's where it requires a large chunk of continuous memory space.

Most of the time out of memory error occurs not because you do not have enough memory, but because you do not have a single continous memory space large enough. In another word your memory space has been fragamented. Typically memory space fragmentation increases as your application continues to run and it is least fragmented when your application just starts. So if you start the engine immediately at that moment then it's less likely you will run into this error. Once started, you can continue to use it as long as you do NOT stop it.

Hope this helps."

How do I instantiate the engine globally to be used in all forms of the application?

Best regards
eo_support
Posted: Thursday, February 29, 2024 4:01:59 PM
Groups: Administration

Hi,

You should NOT call webView.Engine.Stop(true) to stop it. Calling Stop will save you over all memory, but it will not help your situation.

The engine is automatically initialized globally (among all WebView instances of your application) and it is automatically started the first time you create a WebView. Once started, you can continue to use it as long as you do NOT stop it..

Once you stop it, you may have problem restart it because that's when it needs a big chunk of memory.

Thanks!
VIctor Peres
Posted: Friday, March 1, 2024 4:05:48 AM
Groups: Member

Ok, I got it. What you say is exactly what I'm doing. This code snippet webView.Engine.AllowRestart = false was just a test and dosen't work.

The problem that is occurring is that when opening a form and constantly closing it that accesses google.com for example, it intermittently displays the out of memory message. And this happens on different machines with different websites at different times and this generates a lot of complaints from my users.

What do I do ?
eo_support
Posted: Friday, March 1, 2024 9:33:04 AM
Groups: Administration

Hi,

We tested the latest build and we do not see any memory leaks. If you consistently getting out of memory error, it is probably really just because either your system really does not have enough memory, or your application is using too much memory elsewhere, which causes the browser engine not being able to allocate the memory needed. If you continue to suspect there is a memory leak on our end, you can try to isolate the problem into a test project and send the test project to us:

https://www.essentialobjects.com/forum/test_project.aspx

Please include detailed instruction on how to reproduce the out of memory issue or clear explanation of why you believe there is a memory leak on our end. Once we have that we will investigate further and see what we can find.

Thanks!