Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

ConnectionAborted using LoadUrl(). Stalled? Options
kelvynf
Posted: Tuesday, March 19, 2024 12:20:11 PM
Groups: Member

Hi

I'm using EO.WebBrowser in a .Net Windows Application that has started to fail to load urls and returns "ConnectionAborted" errors. When the errors started to occur for diagnostic purposes I changed my target url to https://www.cnn.com. This loaded correctly, but today even trying to load cnn causes the ConnectionAborted error.

I'm using v. 24.0.49

When I use DevTools to monitor what's happening all I can see in the Timing tab is a Stalled horizontal bar. It does not even appear to be doing a DNS lookup.

I've tried uninstalling EO.x from the solution and deleting the C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Temp\eo.webbrowser.cache.24.0.49.0.1.1 directory, then reinstalling the EO libraries.

Any suggestions? What can I try next?

Thanks

eo_support
Posted: Tuesday, March 19, 2024 1:13:12 PM
Groups: Administration

Hi,

We are not aware of such issue. Are you able to reproduce it on a different machine?

Thanks!
kelvynf
Posted: Wednesday, March 20, 2024 12:41:02 PM
Groups: Member

Hmmm, it does work on another computer. So it's something environmental on my main computer. Leading candidates are the anti-virus program or some side-effect of switching back and forth between .Net frameworks 4.8 and 4.7.2 and how they support TLS connections.

I'll continue to troubleshoot here.

Thanks for your response.
eo_support
Posted: Wednesday, March 20, 2024 1:36:46 PM
Groups: Administration

Hi,

.NET Framework version should not matter. The TLS connection are made by the browser engine's native code, not by .NET frameworks.

Thanks!