Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

dayrender event and datepicker control Options
Posted: Monday, July 7, 2008 12:58:39 PM
Groups: Member

I'm trying to use the dayrender event with the datepicker control, and it doesn't seem to be posting back when changing months. The first time I make the calendar popup, the calendar displays my custom rendering, but loses it when I change the month and come back to it. Is there a property I'm supposed to set in order for the changing of the month to trigger a postback to call the dayrender event?
eo_support
Posted: Monday, July 7, 2008 1:11:10 PM
Groups: Administration

Hi Scott,

The Calendar automatically posts back when DayRender is set, but DatePicker does not. The reason is if DatePicker posts back, the drop down would be recreated and while it is recreated, it would close, which obviously is not acceptable.

We have considered allowing the DatePicker to initiate an AJAX call back to the server to call DayRender event. That way the page will be postedback through AJAX and we will automatically takes care of all underlying stuff so that it works in a way similar to the PopulateOnDemand feature of a TreeView control. The feature has not been implemented due to lack of initial feedbacks from user. So we should be able to look into this issue again if you can let us know whether this would be something that makes sense to you --- if whether you would like to see it work in a different way.

Thanks!
Posted: Monday, July 7, 2008 1:16:51 PM
Groups: Member

Thanks for the quick response. I was kind of thinking the control was going to do an AJAX call in order to do the refresh. I'm currently in the process of evaluating which date picker to use, and if the control supported this, it would make my choice very easy. It does everything else I need.
eo_support
Posted: Monday, July 7, 2008 1:23:37 PM

Perfect. We should have no problem to put it in then. Please expect an update build within a few days. We will post back as soon as it's ready.
eo_support
Posted: Tuesday, July 8, 2008 6:50:27 PM

Hi Scott,

We have posted a new build that implemented this feature. Please see your private message for download location.

Thanks!