Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

SlideMenu contained in another control - Scrollbars? Options
Tbone
Posted: Tuesday, July 17, 2007 7:11:57 AM
Groups: Member

Hi.

We've bought the EO.Web packade, and I'm really satisfied so far.
However I've got a question regarding the SlideMenu.. I'm dynamically creating a SlideMenu inside a Dialog (EO.Web Dialog), this menu is dynamically populated from code-behind when it loads.. When I choose to expand a menu-alternative that is actually higher/longer than the conaining Dialog, the menu expands the Dialog height to the height of the _expanded_ SlideMenu.

I've set a MaxHeight and Height to the Dialog and tried to add it all in a div with style="overflow: scroll" but that was in vain.

Can someone tell me if it's possible to keep the MaxHeight of the Dialog and when expanding the SlideMenu it will use a Scrollbar in the Dialog instead of change the size of the Dialog Window?

Thanks a bunch!!
eo_support
Posted: Tuesday, July 17, 2007 8:25:31 AM
Groups: Administration

Hi Tobbe,

MaxWidth and MaxHeight are for a very different purpose --- they are for resizing dialog.

A div with overflow should work, make sure you give it a width and height at the same time. For example,

Code: HTML/ASPX
<div style="width:200px;height:200px;overflow:auto">
    ...slide menu...
</div>

Overflow byitself without fixed width or height won't work.

Thanks
Tbone
Posted: Wednesday, July 18, 2007 4:12:56 AM
Groups: Member

Hi!

It worked just like you said.
However, now I want to make the scrollbars appear vertically only, and not use any hidden attribute on the text going to the right (out of the borders). When the Menu is populated with alot of text in a menuitem, it doesn't wrap/linebreak always, and therefore the horizontal scrollbar appears and you'll have to horizontally scroll in the div/container.

I guess it's more of a xhtml/css/javascript issue to fix, but you might have a few cents to add?

Cheers, and thanks for a really great product and a great support!
eo_support
Posted: Wednesday, July 18, 2007 6:22:38 AM
Groups: Administration

Hi Tobbe,

Our slide menu supports automatic text wrapping but it's kind of tricky because very often the slide menu item has a fixed size background image. While the text grows, the image does not. This causes them to mismatch. So in order for the text to grow/wrap, you will want to take care of the image first. You can either use a bigger background image or set BackgroundRepeat property to repeat the image.

Once you have taken care of the images, you can do this:
1. Give the slide menu a fixed width by setting it's Width property;
2. Set the menu item or look item (usually you would set _Default look item)'s Text.NoWrap to "False". The default value is "Null";

This should automatically wraps slide menu item text.

Thanks