Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

Frame Options
hunpirate
Posted: Tuesday, September 15, 2009 10:39:46 AM
Groups: Member

Hi,

How can I take advantage EO menu object cross frame display ability, now that VS2008 does not seem to support frame at all.

I have an existing aspx page worked under .net 1.1 designed with 2 frames. The top frame would contains an EO's menu upon authentication, the bottom frame for other pages to show depending on selection from the menu.

Since I converted the frame page to .net 2.0 the menu never show up. I know that it might not EO's problem, but I ask if there is any solution you guys could tell me about that I could use that would give me similar functionality.

Thanks

Steve Komaromi

Computer Systems Manager, Lead Developer
Business Risk Partners, Inc.
Tel: 1-(860)-903-0039
eo_support
Posted: Tuesday, September 15, 2009 11:06:23 AM
Groups: Administration

Hi,

I don't think this has anything to do with VS2008 at all. Frameset is a standard HTML feature and nothing regarding that or our menu's support for that has changed. VS2008 is completely irrelevant to this matter.

The easiest way for you to troubleshoot the problem is to create a separate blank page and get it to work first. If that works, then your cross frame menu should start working right away.

If your site requires login, you need to check whether file eo_web.ashx (it should be on your application’s root directory) is accessible. EO Menu relies on that file to render JavaScript files, so if that file is not accessible, then you won’t see the menu. See this topic for more details:

http://www.essentialobjects.com/Forum/Default.aspx?g=posts&t=1401

Thanks