Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

EO.Pdf - failed to initialize conversion Options
quirtep
Posted: Sunday, March 27, 2011 7:50:12 AM
Groups: Member

HtmlToPdf.ConvertUrl results in the error "failed to initialize conversion" - it doesn't matter if I feed it straight html or a URL. The same error is generated when I try to run the samples that were included in the download, such as HtmlToPdf1.aspx. I downloaded the newest version. Thank you.
eo_support
Posted: Sunday, March 27, 2011 8:41:22 AM
Groups: Administration

Hi,

We are aware of this problem and is working on it. We should have a new build out soon.

Thanks!
eo_support
Posted: Tuesday, April 5, 2011 8:49:38 AM

Hi,

We have a new build that should fix this problem. Please see your private message for the download location.

Thanks
quirtep
Posted: Thursday, April 7, 2011 8:11:54 AM

Thank you! It works - but it is showing the "Created with EO.PDF..." message even though I entered my license key in the code before the PDF is generated. Thank you.
eo_support
Posted: Thursday, April 7, 2011 8:45:32 AM

Hi,

The new released is more expensive and requires a different license (because it now has HTML to PDF feature). We can upgrade you for the price difference, would that be OK for you? If you do not wish to update but wish to roll back to the old version, we can also provide the download link. Please let us know.

Thanks!
quirtep
Posted: Thursday, April 7, 2011 8:53:46 AM

I assumed my license was valid until the 2012 version - I just got it a few months ago. Anyway, I guess I should probably upgrade. What would the price be? Thank you.
eo_support
Posted: Thursday, April 7, 2011 11:19:01 AM

Hi,

You only need to pay the price difference, which is $150. We have sent you a discount code to you via private message. You can use that discount code to place a new order so that you won't pay the full price.

Please feel free to let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks!
quirtep
Posted: Friday, April 22, 2011 7:43:32 AM

The "failed to initialize conversion" error has returned now that I uploaded my application from my localhost to a web server (discountasp.net).

Edit: The current build seemed to fix it - I was reluctant to download it at first since you had given me that custom build, but now all seems ok. It works both locally and on the server.
eo_support
Posted: Friday, April 22, 2011 8:27:58 AM

Great to hear that it works for you. Thank you very much for the update!
MJHorenberg
Posted: Friday, March 30, 2012 8:59:36 AM

I'm also getting this same error sometimes. The PDF conversion is embedded in a batch process and normally it runs good. But a few seem to get this Error. Last batch that I ran processed 100 PDF document and only 1 of them failed with this error. What could be the cause of this?

I'm using the latest version of EO.pdf.
eo_support
Posted: Friday, March 30, 2012 9:31:02 AM

Hi MJHorenberg,

Multiple reasons can cause this, the most likely two reasons are permission issue and your system is overloaded (for example, too many concurrent conversions at the same time). Also check your event viewer, there should be an error message with error code there when you see this error. When you do multiple conversions in a batch process, make sure you convert them sequentially --- do not start another one before the previous one finishes. Otherwise you will run out of resource and eventually run into this error.

Thanks!
Marco De Girolamo
Posted: Wednesday, June 19, 2013 5:45:52 AM

Hi all,
I'm experiencing a similar problem with the latest EO.pdf 2013 version.
Everything works fine on my local machine, but when deploying the web application on Azure, the HtmlToPdf fails to initalize.

Exception:
EO.Pdf.HtmlToPdfException: Convertion failed. Failed to initialize conversion (1). ---> EO.Pdf.Internal.k5: Failed to initialize conversion (1).

Stack Trace:
at EO.Pdf.Internal.ls.a(ls A_0, a A_1)
at EO.Pdf.Internal.ls.a(hk A_0, Boolean A_1)
at EO.Pdf.Internal.ls.a(hk A_0)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at EO.Pdf.Internal.ls.a(hk A_0)
at EO.Pdf.HtmlToPdfSession..ctor(HtmlToPdfOptions A_0)
at EO.Pdf.HtmlToPdf.ConvertHtml(String html, PdfDocument doc, HtmlToPdfOptions options)
at EO.Pdf.HtmlToPdf.ConvertHtml(String html, Stream stream, HtmlToPdfOptions options)

Any clue?
Thanks
eo_support
Posted: Wednesday, June 19, 2013 8:32:29 AM

Hi Marco,

You will need to check your event viewer to find out exactly why it failed.

Thanks!
Marco De Girolamo
Posted: Wednesday, June 19, 2013 9:03:33 AM

Unfortunately we've no access to the event viewer,
because we're on WAWS.
eo_support
Posted: Wednesday, June 19, 2013 9:07:00 AM

Hi Marco,

In that case you will have to contact your service provider to find it out for you. When the converter fails to initialize it writes a log message to the event viewer. Most of the time the failure is caused by insufficient permissions. In that case if you do not own the server, you will have to contact the people who run your service to grant your application sufficient permissions.

Thanks!
nevayeshirazi
Posted: Wednesday, January 7, 2015 7:18:35 AM

Hello,

I am experiencing the same issue on Azure Cloud Services not Azure Web Sites. I am using the latest available version of EO.PDF HTML to Pdf. I have access to Event viewer. What should I be looking for ?

Thanks.
eo_support
Posted: Wednesday, January 7, 2015 7:56:42 PM

Hi,

You can look for event viewer message under "Application" category and then see if you can see anything with "EO.Pdf" in the source column. Make sure you update to the latest EO.Pdf before you do so ---- Microsoft has released a new optional Windows update recently that can break older version of EO.Pdf.

Thanks!
nevayeshirazi
Posted: Thursday, January 8, 2015 6:56:27 AM

Hi,

Thanks for your response. First of all, I upgraded my EO.PDF from 6.0.19 to 6.0.28 and deployed it to Azure. It has been working for a day. So I think the issue is gone. I checked my event logs and all I can see is Windows Azure Runtime in the source column. I check the error in the internet and this is a global warning for all events that the Event Viewer cannot map any event identifiers or event categories to a description string. Thus, it basically shows following.

Quote:
The description for Event ID 1013 from source Windows Azure Runtime 2.4.0.0 cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

I will post a follow up post, after couple days. Currently it is working.

Thank you.
eo_support
Posted: Thursday, January 8, 2015 10:35:30 AM

No problem. Please feel free to reply and open this issue again if the problem still occurs.

Thanks!
HLK Development
Posted: Wednesday, January 28, 2015 10:39:22 PM

I am getting the same error after publishing my app to Azure websites. It works fine when deployed on my IIS development server, but when I publish it to Azure, here's the exception I get:

"ex":{"ClassName":"EO.Pdf.HtmlToPdfException","Message":"Conversion failed. Failed to initialize conversion (1).","Data":null,"InnerException":{"ClassName":"EO.Pdf.Internal.aol","Message":"Failed to initialize conversion (1).","Data":{},"InnerException":null,"HelpURL":null,"StackTraceString":" at EO.Pdf.Internal.md.a(md A_0, ap0 A_1)\r\n at EO.Pdf.Internal.md.a(afv A_0, Boolean A_1, ao4 A_2)\r\n at EO.Pdf.Internal.md.a(afv A_0, ao4 A_1)","RemoteStackTraceString":null,"RemoteStackIndex":0,"ExceptionMethod":"8\na\nEO.Pdf, Version=6.0.29.2, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=e92353a6bf73fffc\nEO.Pdf.Internal.md\nVoid a(EO.Pdf.Internal.md, EO.Pdf.Internal.ap0)","HResult":-2146233088,"Source":"EO.Pdf","WatsonBuckets":null},"HelpURL":null,"StackTraceString":" at EO.Pdf.Internal.md.a(afv A_0, ao4 A_1)\r\n at EO.Pdf.HtmlToPdfSession..ctor(HtmlToPdfOptions A_0)\r\n at EO.Pdf.HtmlToPdf.ConvertHtml(String html, PdfPage page, HtmlToPdfOptions options)\r\n at EO.Pdf.HtmlToPdf.ConvertHtml(String html, PdfPage page)\r\n at AgSeed.Web.PDF.Services.PdfGeneratorService.RunTest(String url) in d:\\Dev\\HLK\\MON\\Mon.AgSeedSelect\\trunk\\Web\\Mon.AgSeedSelect.Web.API\\Services\\PdfGeneratorService.cs:line 162","RemoteStackTraceString":null,"RemoteStackIndex":0,"ExceptionMethod":"8\na\nEO.Pdf, Version=6.0.29.2, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=e92353a6bf73fffc\nEO.Pdf.Internal.md\nEO.Pdf.Internal.md a(EO.Pdf.Internal.afv, EO.Pdf.Internal.ao4)","HResult":-2146233088,"Source":"EO.Pdf","WatsonBuckets":null}