Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

Digital signature support? Options
ricardo
Posted: Monday, February 13, 2012 10:33:36 AM
Groups: Member

Hi!

Does EO.PDF support pdf files signing? Currently I need to sign server generated pdf files but I can't find anything related to it in the documentation...

Regards,

Ricardo Mendes
eo_support
Posted: Monday, February 13, 2012 10:46:02 AM
Groups: Administration

Hi,

No. I do not believe that's supported now. You can put a password on it. But you can not sign it with certificate.

Thanks!
ricardo
Posted: Monday, February 13, 2012 11:00:03 AM
Groups: Member

eo_support wrote:
Hi,

No. I do not believe that's supported now. You can put a password on it. But you can not sign it with certificate.

Thanks!

Oh well... that's a let down... :S I already sign different generic content with certificates and smart cards but right now I really needed to create signed pdf's with embedded signature and certificate. If the pdf documentation wouldn't be so extense I would do it myself but I don't have the time for that...

For now I'm going to use another library I have to do the job (although I would like to avoid it) and in the mean time I'm going to open a thread in the Feature request section hopping it gets implemented someday :)
eo_support
Posted: Monday, February 13, 2012 11:04:09 AM
Groups: Administration

No. You don't want to do the certificate yourself. It's a lot of work especially when you do not have the underlying code to deal with the basic file structures. ; ) Please do post in the feature request section and it will definitely be on our list.