Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

Multiple runddl32.exe process when run EO.WebBrowser Options
PhilipT
Posted: Wednesday, October 1, 2014 9:19:47 PM
Groups: Member

Hi,

This is the popup error message "You are using EO.WebBrowser multiple DLL build. But DLL EO.WebBrowser.Native.dll is missing. This DLL must be in the same directory as EO.WebBrowser.dll".

Let me reiterate again. This is NOT an ASP.net application like Matjaz is doing. I created a very simple windows form application. I followed the instructions from the site accordingly. I set the Copy Local and Specific Version of the EO.WebBrowser reference to false. Manually copied all the multi-dlls (total of 8 of them, isn't it?) to bin\Debug where my WindowsApplication1.exe is found. Executed the WindowsApplication1.exe from bin\Debug and pops out that error message. Even if i ran it straight from Visual Studio 2005, same popup error message.

Regards.
PhilipT
Posted: Wednesday, October 1, 2014 9:36:13 PM

By the way, when i tried this, i uninstalled the EO.Total.
Matjaz
Posted: Thursday, October 2, 2014 1:06:29 AM

Hi,

i try last multi dll build (EO.WebBrowser.MultiDLLs.2014.0.21) in my working MVC application with (EO.WebBrowser.MultiDLLs.2014.0.19), and i also recive error "You are using EO.WebBrowser multiple DLL build. But DLL EO.WebBrowser.Native.dll is missing. This DLL must be in the same directory as EO.WebBrowser.dll".

If i change back to EO.WebBrowser.MultiDLLs.2014.0.19 everything works OK. I think there is a bug in last build.

Thanks,
Matjaž
PhilipT
Posted: Friday, October 3, 2014 11:29:18 AM

Thanks Matjaz for confirming what i'm getting from the latest multi dll build.

No response from eo to date which is a bit surprising as they are normally very responsive. Anyway, good thing this is not critical for me so i'll stick to single DLL for now.
eo_support
Posted: Friday, October 3, 2014 1:36:36 PM
Groups: Administration

Hi Philip,

We did find a problem in this part. We were waiting for the new build to be ready before replying your message so that you can try it out.

We are not able to duplicate your problem. Matjaz has a lightly different problem that we did reproduce. Here is a summary of the situation:

1. For standalone exe as you described, we are not able to reproduce the problem;
2. In an ASP.NET application, the latest build does work fine with the default setting (without shadowCopyBinAssemblies="false"). Note that this is different than Matjaz's initial situation. With the older build, this case does not work;
3. In an ASP.NET application, the latest build does not work with shadowCopyBinAssemblies="false". This works with older build, but not the latest build;

In another word, if Matjaz removes the additional line he put into the configuration file, the latest build build should work for him. We have changed our code so that it now works both ways and we are waiting for the new build, which may come out today or during the weekend.

Since we have not been able to reproduce the exact problem you have, we do not know whether this new build will resolve the problem for you. However if you don't mind, we would certainly like you to try so that we can at least narrow down the problem in case it still does not work for you.

I apologize for not having an update earlier. We will reply again when the new build is ready.

Thanks!
eo_support
Posted: Friday, October 3, 2014 3:51:52 PM

Hi,

We have update the download page with build 2014.0.22. Please take a look and let us know how it goes.

Thanks!
Matjaz
Posted: Saturday, October 4, 2014 12:31:54 AM

Hi,

i removed shadowCopyBinAssemblies="false" and now works great with last multi dll build.

Thanks,
Matjaž
eo_support
Posted: Saturday, October 4, 2014 10:41:08 AM

Matjaz wrote:
Hi,

i removed shadowCopyBinAssemblies="false" and now works great with last multi dll build.

Thanks,
Matjaž

Hi Matjaz,

Thanks for confirming that it works for you. Philip, please let us know if you still have any problems.

Thanks!
PhilipT
Posted: Saturday, October 4, 2014 10:57:15 AM

Unfortunately, it's still not working for me. I dont know what am i doing wrong.

Here's what i did:
1. uninstalled EO.Total to ensure that the application is not referencing to the EO.WebBrowser in GCAC
2. copied all the EO DLLs to R:\bin folder
3. updated our application C# project to reference to the EO.WebBrowser.dll 3.0.84.1 which is in R:\bin folder (all our binaries are found in R:\bin, the same way when running it with single dll build)
4. ran the app, same exact popup error msg, EO.WebBrowser.Native.dll could not be found
5. then, i used and updated my simple Windows Form app (the one i always used to test whenever a new build is announced) to reference to bin\debug\ folder
6. ensured the all the multi DLLs are in that bin\Debug folder as well as per instructions
7. ran the app, same error message