Logo
My Account |  Site Map | Contact Us  
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

WebBrowser 18.0.9 UrlChanged not working Options
KimKamp
Posted: Tuesday, December 5, 2017 12:15:52 PM
Rank: Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 3/13/2017
Posts: 26
Hi:

With the new upgrade to v 18.0.9, my WebView.UrlChanged event has stopped firing.

It worked fine in the prior version.

Any ideas?

KimKamp
Posted: Tuesday, December 5, 2017 1:24:05 PM
Rank: Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 3/13/2017
Posts: 26
I went back to the prior version of the WebBrowser dll, and everything works again. The UrlChanged event now fires.

Is there something else that needs to be done to install the 2018 vs the 2017 editions? I updated the License in my code, and have the dll's registered.

Can't use the new version until we get this figured out...
eo_support
Posted: Tuesday, December 5, 2017 4:48:04 PM
Rank: Administration
Groups: Administration

Joined: 5/27/2007
Posts: 19,843
Hi,

We are not aware of this problem with the new build. Can you try our TabbedBrowser sample application and follow these steps:

1. Load a test page, for example, http://www.google.com;
2. Click any link in the page. The browser is redirected to another page;
3. Notice the text in the address input box changes. This change is updated by handling the WebView's UrlChanged event.

Please let us know if the same steps works for you.

Thanks!
KimKamp
Posted: Tuesday, December 5, 2017 5:50:19 PM
Rank: Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 3/13/2017
Posts: 26
Ok - I run my program with the v 17.2.43.0 dll files, and the UrlChanged event fires each time, correctly. I replace the dll files with the 18.0.9.0 versions, and the UrlChanged event only fires once. After that, it will not fire when I change URL's in my program.

The only thing I am changing is the version of the dll files. I clean out and recompile each time. I have gone from the 17. version to the 18. version and back again. The results are consistent.

?

PS The tabbedBrowser sample works fine, by the way.
KimKamp
Posted: Tuesday, December 5, 2017 5:50:50 PM
Rank: Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 3/13/2017
Posts: 26
The tabbedBrowser sample works fine, by the way.
eo_support
Posted: Wednesday, December 6, 2017 10:34:34 AM
Rank: Administration
Groups: Administration

Joined: 5/27/2007
Posts: 19,843
Hi,

We are not sure why it works differently for you in different version. Since our sample app works fine, so we have no way of telling you what you should change to make it to work. You may want to compare the code in TabbedBrowser and your code to see if you can find out the difference. Usually as long as you find out the difference that triggered the problem, it would make sense to you. If you do find out what triggered the problem but it does not make sense to you or appear to be wrong, please try to create a test app demonstrating the problem and send the test app to us. See here for more details on how to send the test app to us:

https://www.essentialobjects.com/forum/test_project.aspx

Once we have that we will be happy to investigate further.

Thanks!


You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.