Logo
My Account |  Site Map | Contact Us  
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

Link URL encoding removed. Breaking the link Options
R. Spijker
Posted: Friday, March 30, 2018 4:44:26 AM
Rank: Newbie
Groups: Member

Joined: 10/2/2017
Posts: 2
I have some HTML that simply contains a link such as:
<a href="mailto:me@me.com?Subject=My%20Subject">e-mail me</a>

This works fine in HTML. However, when I convert this to PDF, the resulting file has the %20 replaced with a space. That works in Acrobat reader, but not in all viewers. Basically, it's wrong. That URL should be encoded and I don't understand why EO.PDF would remove the encoding there.
eo_support
Posted: Saturday, March 31, 2018 8:42:37 AM
Rank: Administration
Groups: Administration

Joined: 5/27/2007
Posts: 21,360
Thanks for bring this to our attention. This will be fixed in our next build.
eo_support
Posted: Monday, April 2, 2018 1:52:53 PM
Rank: Administration
Groups: Administration

Joined: 5/27/2007
Posts: 21,360
Hi,

This is just to let you know that we have posted a new build that should address this issue. You can download the new build from our download page. Please take a look and let us now how it goes.

Thanks!
Trevor
Posted: Monday, April 15, 2019 3:10:35 PM
Rank: Newbie
Groups: Member

Joined: 4/15/2019
Posts: 2
I'm having this same issue. However I do not see the issue being fixed. I am testing with the latest version of the EO.Pdf nuget package (19.1.11).

My URL has a query parameter which is a URL and it is URL-encoded. So it looks like this:

https://hostname.com?url=https%3A%2F%2Ftarget.com

But this is being escaped when the PDF is generated which doesn't work with some links.
eo_support
Posted: Monday, April 15, 2019 3:19:05 PM
Rank: Administration
Groups: Administration

Joined: 5/27/2007
Posts: 21,360
Trevor wrote:
I'm having this same issue. However I do not see the issue being fixed. I am testing with the latest version of the EO.Pdf nuget package (19.1.11).

My URL has a query parameter which is a URL and it is URL-encoded. So it looks like this:

https://hostname.com?url=https%3A%2F%2Ftarget.com

But this is being escaped when the PDF is generated which doesn't work with some links.


This issue should have already been fixed. If you continue to have problem, please send us a test file and we will be happy to check again. See here for more details on how to send test files to us:

https://www.essentialobjects.com/forum/test_project.aspx

Thanks
Trevor
Posted: Monday, April 15, 2019 3:38:36 PM
Rank: Newbie
Groups: Member

Joined: 4/15/2019
Posts: 2
Here's step by step the behavior I am getting:

1. I run HtmlToPdf.ConvertHtml with the Body HTML shown in this screenshot: https://i.imgur.com/D7Jh6vG.png. You can see the url query parameter contains encoded values for the colon and the slash characters.

2. I double check the referenced assembly version for EO.Pdf is in fact 19.1.11. https://i.imgur.com/AsICHOb.png

3. I open the generated PDF file and hover over the generated link.The colon and slashes are no longer encoded in the URL, and the URL does not work with the server.
eo_support
Posted: Tuesday, April 16, 2019 1:33:34 PM
Rank: Administration
Groups: Administration

Joined: 5/27/2007
Posts: 21,360
Hello Trevor,

We have found the root of the problem. This will be fixed in our next build. We will reply here again as soon as the new build is out.

Thanks!
eo_support
Posted: Friday, April 26, 2019 2:54:59 PM
Rank: Administration
Groups: Administration

Joined: 5/27/2007
Posts: 21,360
Hi,

This is just to let you know that we have posted a new build that should resolve this issue. Please take a look and let us know how it goes.

Thanks!


You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.