Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

EO.WebBrowser control shows nothing Options
AndrewS
Posted: Tuesday, January 24, 2017 12:38:26 PM
Groups: Member

Thanks for the detailed explanation and I totally get what you're saying. I did test this same code on another machine without NOD32 and the load time was much faster. I also tried setting the EOWP property and it didn't make a difference.

The slowdown happened between the last version of 2016 and the first version of 2017. It sure feels like there was a change in there that doesn't play nice with NOD32. Seeing as how it's such a popular AV solution it seems like this could impact many of your users. You release so frequently, which is awesome by the way and part of the reason I love your product, that it seems like a relatively small amount of changes to consider. Just my two cents, I don't presume to know what all goes on under the hood.

eo_support
Posted: Tuesday, January 24, 2017 12:48:00 PM
Groups: Administration

The problem is the change between 2016 and 2017 is not just a small change ---- it uses a newer browser engine (switched from Chromium V49 to V54) and this involves changes of code lines easily on the millions (The whole chromium project has about 15 millions line of code). So it is not practical for us to sift through what has changed and figure out exactly what NOD32 does not like. We do load code differently than the regular Chrome browser (since we load from .NET code) but that part has not changed. So to be quite honest with you, there is simply nowhere for us to start.

We will keep an eye on this and if any new information became available we will be happy to visit it again. We understand that the end customer wouldn't care what caused the slow so it's our best interest to make it work.
AndrewS
Posted: Tuesday, January 24, 2017 1:18:36 PM

Thank you and that makes perfect sense and I had no idea it was so involved. Happy to be a guinea pig if you need me to test any proposed changes.

We'll probably hold back on updating. Most of our customers are low-tech and when they download the trial if it takes that long they'll just think it's broken and move on to our competitors.

I totally get what you're saying though, thanks for taking the time to explain.
Tom Wynne
Posted: Tuesday, January 24, 2017 1:31:48 PM

Thanks for the feedback on this. I know you will run into more and more users with this issue and it looks bad for everyone. I will post a question on ESET forum and see if they have any feedback there.
eo_support
Posted: Tuesday, January 24, 2017 1:57:49 PM

Thanks everyone for the help!
Tom Wynne
Posted: Tuesday, January 24, 2017 2:29:10 PM

This is their response. I don't know how to do this within the web browser control:
If temporarily disabling protocol filtering in the advanced setup makes a difference, continue as follows:

1, In the advanced setup -> Tools -> Diagnostics, enable advanced protocol filtering logging.
2, If the issue can be reproduced with Chrome, open the Developer tools panel (Ctrl+Shift+J) and select Network.
3, Reproduce the issue.
4, Right-click in the Network panel and select "Save as HAR with content" and save the file.
5, Stop advanced protocol filtering logging.
Eurice
Posted: Thursday, January 26, 2017 10:58:09 AM

Hello,

Some of my customers are facing the NOD32 problem aswell.
The solution we use for the moment is to disable what they call "HIPS" then no more slow loading.

This is a temporary solution and I believe we should contact them so they can fix this !

Best regards
Tom Wynne
Posted: Thursday, January 26, 2017 1:50:24 PM

Disabling the 'Host Intrusion Protection System' (HIPS) worked for me as well. Not the best option since it will raise support issues for our users. 2016 version did not require this.

Thanks
AndrewS
Posted: Thursday, January 26, 2017 2:12:35 PM

With HIPS disabled it's fast for me again also.
eo_support
Posted: Thursday, January 26, 2017 7:02:30 PM

Thanks everyone for the update. We are contacting ESET to see if they are willing to work with us. If we have any additional information we will share here.
Eurice
Posted: Monday, February 13, 2017 4:40:31 AM

Hello,

Any news on this ?
Hard to update customers with this problem : /

Best regards
eo_support
Posted: Monday, February 13, 2017 9:35:11 AM

Hi,

We have been in contact with ESET on this and so far they haven't given us a satisfying solution yet. It took us a while to convince their regular customer support people that we are developers, not end users and they need to forward the issue to their developers. After we have provided a test machine to them online they finally forwarded the issue to their developers and their developers have confirmed that they can reproduce the issue on our test machine. However the only thing they came up was to manually add a HIPS exception rule to exclude rundll32.exe from HIPS. We have explained to them that this is not an acceptable solution not only because adding such rule is customer's machine is beyond our control, but also adding a wide blanket exception for rundll32.exe defeats the purpose of their software. We are still waiting for their response on this.

Thanks!
eo_support
Posted: Tuesday, February 21, 2017 4:12:15 PM

Hi,

We have been informed by ESET that this issue has been resolved on their end and their next update will fix this issue. We have verified their pre-release build 10.0.390.0 does indeed fixed the issue in our test environment. Note that this is not just a virus signature database update, it's an application update (under ESET's Update -> Product Update section).

Thanks!
Tom Wynne
Posted: Tuesday, February 21, 2017 4:50:22 PM

Awesome! Thanks for the effort in finding and resolving this issue, will start implementing the new version soon.
eo_support
Posted: Tuesday, February 21, 2017 4:52:34 PM

You are very welcome. Please feel free to let us know if you still see any issues after their update.
Eurice
Posted: Tuesday, February 21, 2017 4:59:53 PM

Very Nice well done :)
AndrewS
Posted: Tuesday, February 21, 2017 5:23:00 PM

Thank you for incorporating customer feedback. Your support has been excellent all around!
Roberto
Posted: Friday, June 7, 2019 9:12:43 AM

eo_support wrote:
Hi,

We have been informed by ESET that this issue has been resolved on their end and their next update will fix this issue. We have verified their pre-release build 10.0.390.0 does indeed fixed the issue in our test environment. Note that this is not just a virus signature database update, it's an application update (under ESET's Update -> Product Update section).

Thanks!

Hello guys,
I'm in contact with ESET for the same problem, is it possible to know the Ticket ID that you opened in 2017?

eo_support
Posted: Friday, June 7, 2019 11:45:09 AM

Hi,

The case number given by ESET to us was #7661.

Thanks!
danypd69
Posted: Tuesday, February 11, 2020 11:44:06 AM

Hello, I have the same problem. Does someone managed to solve this? It takes 3/4 seconds before the webview starts loading and my users are not happy.