Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

Unable to get my proxy info Options
Christian Porzio
Posted: Monday, August 13, 2018 12:38:47 PM
Groups: Member

Hi,

I know, you must get that question a 100 times a year... Sorry.

But I'm confused.

When using the standard .Net calls, I do get my actual proxy

Code: C#
Uri uri = new Uri("https://www.aa.com");
HttpWebRequest request = (HttpWebRequest)WebRequest.Create(uri);
IWebProxy proxy = request.Proxy;
if (proxy != null)
{
    // Then my proxy is: proxy.GetProxy(uri);
}
else
{
    // No system proxy
}

But within webView_LoadCompleted, the proxy returned by the Runtime is always null?

private void webView_LoadCompleted(object sender, EO.WebBrowser.LoadCompletedEventArgs e)
{
    // EO.WebBrowser.Runtime.Proxy is always null???
}

I must be doing something wrong or misunderstand the purpose of EO.WebBrowser.Runtime.Proxy

Would you mind to assist me here?

Thank you!
eo_support
Posted: Monday, August 13, 2018 2:39:32 PM
Groups: Administration

Hi,

This is simply a different product that works differently. EO.WebBrowser.Runtime.Proxy is designed to allow you to set the proxy. It is not designed to get your current proxy. So the feature that you are asking really does not exist in our product. Sorry about it!

Thanks!
Christian Porzio
Posted: Monday, August 13, 2018 10:35:18 PM

Thank you for your reply. I understand now.

However if you allow me, in the same subject of proxy.

We are facing a strange situation, and would like to know if you had any input on the matter.

Context: it seems at time, the proxy settings are not working for some sites.

To begin with, we should not even have to deal with the proxy settings as they are set in the system proxy, yet as a troubleshooting steps, we started setting it up directly in the code:

I used two approaches:

EO.WebBrowser.Runtime.Proxy = new EO.Base.ProxyInfo(EO.Base.ProxyType.HTTP, proxy, port);

or
EO.WebBrowser.Runtime.ExtraCommandLineArgs = "--proxy-server=\"" + proxy + ":" + port + "\"";

I confirmed either one worked because when browsing to www.google.com the proxy server popep up asking for credentials, and after I entered the proper ones, the page was rendered successfully.

However some of our very corporate sites never works (those with aa.com in the DNS) I keep getting a time out error.

So the first thoughts is to point the issue to those corporate sites but:
1/ Obviously they are being accessed from countless other locations without any issues
2/ Those same sites when launching IE side by side with EO Browser are loading just fine.
3/ When running chrome://net-internals/#events (which now works with EO Browser - thank you!!!), the loading always get stuck at the CERT_VERIFIER_JOB:
ID Source Type Description
11 URL_REQUEST https://getng.aa.com/
12 DISK_CACHE_ENTRY https://getng.aa.com/
13 HTTP_STREAM_JOB_CONTROLLER https://getng.aa.com/
14 NONE PROXY_CONFIG_CHANGED
15 HTTP_STREAM_JOB https://getng.aa.com/
16 UDP_SOCKET [2001:4860:4860::8888]:53
17 SSL_CONNECT_JOB ssl/getng.aa.com:443
18 HTTP_PROXY_CONNECT_JOB ssl/getng.aa.com:443
19 PROXY_CLIENT_SOCKET_WRAPPER
20 TRANSPORT_CONNECT_JOB ssl/getng.aa.com:443
21 HOST_RESOLVER_IMPL_JOB AA.Web.Proxy2
22 SOCKET ssl/getng.aa.com:443
23 CERT_VERIFIER_JOB

Note that when not assigning the proxy at all in the code, the loading get stuck at the same steps, only that the PROXY related data reflects the system proxy. However since this system proxy uses a pac file and is being reference by a file:\\\ and some proxy implementations may reject this type of Uri, I preferred troubleshooting it, setting directly the proxy server.

Would you have any idea then why EO Browser breaks at CERT_VERIFIER_JOB

Thanks a lot for any ideas or next troubleshooting we could try.
eo_support
Posted: Tuesday, August 14, 2018 4:25:13 PM

We do not know all the internal details about proxy configuration either --- we only provide an override value through EO.WebBrowser.Runtime.Proxy. Have you tried the same setting with Google Chrome browser?
Christian Porzio
Posted: Thursday, August 23, 2018 5:47:21 PM

BTW we figured it out!!!

We finally found out that some of our sites used a L1K certificates, while other ones used the same certificate but as L1M and all the sites using a L1M certificate were timing out on that workstation when opened with chrome (or EO browser).

It turns out that because L1M certificates do not carry the root certificate and some additional security settings were activated on that position, chrome failed to report the signing issue. I wish we had time to report this to the chromium development group. Maybe they are right to reject the certificate but at least some additional user information would be greatly appreciated.

I am reporting it to you guys in case you ever run into the same issue or would have the legs to get it reported to Chromium.

Cheers!
eo_support
Posted: Friday, August 24, 2018 12:29:54 PM

Great. Glad to hear that you found out the root cause and thanks for sharing!