Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

EO.WebBrowser Play content on Netflix Options
Salvador
Posted: Sunday, August 29, 2021 5:19:34 PM
Groups: Member

Hello, as the title says, It does not work with Netflix.

At first it gave me an error because Widevine was missing, but I have already fixed it, now the problem is the typical "Browser not supported".

More specifically Netflix tells me:

"Looks like your browser is no longer supported. Please install the lastest version or try another browser" Error Code F7121 -3078

Usually I always fix this using a user agent. but for some reason, it doesn't work for me now.

I am using this User Agent:

Quote:
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/89.0.4389.114 Safari/537.36

I hope you can help me, thank you.
Salvador
Posted: Monday, August 30, 2021 12:56:36 PM

Well, I've been doing tests, and it seems I found the flaw. I am 90% sure.

The problem is that Widevine is not updated, so I looked for a more updated version directly from Google Chrome and also from Chromium.

What happened ?, EO.WebBrowser Crashted without any error message, does not support updated versions of widevine. Well, they have already specified that in the documentation.

From this point it fails:

rundll32.exe --enable-speech-input --allow-proprietary-media-formats --lang = en --enable-media-stream --no-sandbox --widevine-cdm-path = "C:\Widevine"

But then if you don't update EO.WebBrowser you will never be able to Play content on Netflix ...

a real shame :(.
eo_support
Posted: Monday, August 30, 2021 5:00:12 PM
Groups: Administration

Hi,

We have sent the steps to you through private message. Please let us know if you still have any questions.

Thanks!
Salvador
Posted: Thursday, September 2, 2021 12:20:54 PM

I have followed the steps that have been sent to me, in a new winforms project.

Check the Chromium version, and download Google Chrome regarding its version: Google Chrome 86.0.4240.111

Of 32Bits obviously.

I did all the steps correctly with Widevine, also enable:
AllowProprietaryMediaFormats.

It just didn't work. it does not give any error and closes when the rundll32 process tries to load widevine.

Apparently you need to do a review with widevine compatibility with the most recent versions of Chromium.

Anyway I appreciate the help. I'll wait for them to fix this in more recent versions. It seems that I will have to redo my project using another web engine, it's a shame.
eo_support
Posted: Thursday, September 2, 2021 1:34:32 PM

Hi,

We tested those steps on our end before we sent to you and it works fine. If you wish us to investigate further, please PM us your order number and we will be happy to investigate further.

Thanks!
Darrylpope
Posted: Wednesday, April 13, 2022 3:24:04 AM

please help me i am having this problem
eo_support
Posted: Wednesday, April 13, 2022 10:34:27 AM

Darrylpope wrote:
please help me i am having this problem

With the latest version the only thing you need to do is to enable proprietary video/audio codecs:

https://www.essentialobjects.com/doc/webbrowser/advanced/html5

You no longer need to configure Widevine since it is automatically downloaded from Google.

Thanks