Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

Callback panel Options
laur
Posted: Monday, November 17, 2008 6:59:15 AM
Groups: Member

Hi, I get this error message:
"EO. Web Controls Client Side Debug Message:

EO. Web control ‘ctl00_ContentPlaceHolder1_CallbackPanel1’ error message (set ClientSideOnError to handle this error): The callback on

‘ctl00_ContentPlaceHolder1_CallbackPanel1’ has failed because the server did not recognize this callback and processed it as a normal request. This

can occur if there are multiple Callback/CallbackPanel controls in the page and this Callback/CallbackPanel control was initially dynamically loaded but wasn’t loaded for this callback.

This can also occur if you have called Response.Redirect on the server side. Callback/CallbackPanel provides a Redirect method for such scenario.

Please use the Callback/CallbackPanel’s Redirect method in this case.

You can turn off this message by setting EO.Web.Runtime.Debuglevel to 0(Not recommended for debug build
"
eo_support
Posted: Monday, November 17, 2008 7:38:04 AM
Groups: Administration

Hi,

This mostly indicates a code error with dynamic loading. You can find more information about this at here:

http://essentialobjects.com/Forum/Default.aspx?g=posts&t=1179#5018

As a test, you can try to isolate the problem to a separate test page, most likely you will find out the cause during the process. If the test page still fails, please post the page and we will be happy to take a look.

Thanks
laur
Posted: Tuesday, November 18, 2008 12:57:25 AM

Hello again,

It is very strange as that Callback Panell error appears only after I leave the page opened for a while, not working on it. The scenario is like this:
- I have a DetailsView with a TemplateField inside; the control within the template field is a textbox with AutoPostBack enabled. Other fields of the Details View are populated after this texbox's Changed event. This works fine until i leave the page open for some time. I hope u can understand what I'm trying to tell u.

Thank you!
eo_support
Posted: Tuesday, November 18, 2008 6:52:49 AM
Groups: Administration

Hi,

That appears to be due to your session timeout. Without a callback panel the server would redirect you to the login page. However with the callback panel does not currently handle server side redirect. We will look into it and see if we can support that and let you once we have an update.

Thanks!
laur
Posted: Wednesday, November 19, 2008 7:57:44 AM

Yes, 've made a mistake, just setting the Timeout only for SessionState; I've noticed if i change the timeout for SQLCommand and Authentication Forms, the error doesn't appear anymore. Thanks for feedback!