Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

Unable to drag controls on page / Invalid FORMATETC Structure Options
AlexisVZ
Posted: Monday, November 24, 2008 4:04:14 AM
Groups: Member

Hello,

Last week I upgraded to EO.Web Controls 2008 (from 2007.2) (in order to solve the clientID problem when implementing month and year dropdown in the hader of the datepicker).
so I that time I was only copy-pasting code from the samples to my code and everyting worked fine.

But today, it seems I cannot drag any EO control to a web page anymore. In design view nothing happens. In source view, I receive an Invalid FORMATETC structure error.

I already tried the following, without success:
- reinstalling EO.WEb Controls 2008 (including uninstalling, running CC cleaner to really cleanup the registry and of course closing and restarting Visual Web Developper 2008 Express)
- the problem remains in different projects, even in a new project or in the sample projects
- Emptying C:\Documents and Settings\Alexis\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\WebsiteCache

How can I solve this problem ?

Best Regards,
Alexis
AlexisVZ
Posted: Monday, November 24, 2008 4:05:42 AM

Additionnally I can also tell that dragging other controls on the webpage (standard controls from MS, but also controls from other providers) works well.

Alexis
eo_support
Posted: Monday, November 24, 2008 6:15:11 AM
Groups: Administration

Hi,

Have you tried to manually delete EO.Web tab from your toolbox and then re-add it? Here are the instructions:

http://www.essentialobjects.com/ViewDoc.aspx?t=InstallationAndDeployment%2finstall.html

Thanks!
AlexisVZ
Posted: Monday, November 24, 2008 7:25:22 AM

Thanks, this solved the problem.

But I am amazed that uninstalling and reinstalling did not.
I expected that uninstallation did removed the tab in the toolbar (even if I might have renamed is from General to EO) and that a new installation was the same as adding the correct dll file to the toolbox ...