Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

multiple simultaneous uploads Options
quirtep
Posted: Monday, November 24, 2008 4:33:31 AM
Groups: Member

I love the EO.Web Controls Suite, but I do have one suggestion on how to improve the upload component. I found a component called "AJAX Uploader" (http://ajaxuploader.com) that lets you select multiple files to upload at one time. I realize your AJAX uploader can be configured with multiple rows, but you still need to click and select each individual file. It would be nicer to be able to select multiple files in the file browser dialogue. For example, if a user wanted to upload an entire directory of photos, they can just select all files, click upload, and then walk away as they upload...
eo_support
Posted: Monday, November 24, 2008 6:21:13 AM
Groups: Administration

Hi,

Thanks you very much for the suggestion. That's indeed a very good feature! We will look into it and see if we can implement that!

Thanks!
eo_support
Posted: Tuesday, November 25, 2008 11:32:28 AM
Groups: Administration

Hi,

We have looked into this issue and we believe the multiple file upload feature is implemented with Flash, when Flash is disabled, it falls back to the standard behavior, which would only allow you to select one file. Since our AJAXUploader is a pure DHTML and JavaScript solution, it does not have that feature. We will look into it and see whether it makes sense to implement this with Flash.

Thanks!