Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

eo:Dialog - scrollbars Options
quirtep
Posted: Sunday, November 30, 2008 2:59:11 PM
Groups: Member

Is it possible to include scrollbars in an eo:Dialog so that will appear if necessary depending on the contents and size of the user's monitor?

By the way, sorry for bombarding this forum with questions lately. I think I'm about done. I intend to use these eo controls for a long time, so I really wanted to get my head around them...
eo_support
Posted: Monday, December 1, 2008 4:08:44 AM
Groups: Administration

Hi,

No need to apologize. However you may wish to take a look of the documentation because that should answer most of your questions. Specifically, if you are looking for a feature and you do not see it in the documentation, then it's either not there, or "undocumented", which you should not be using anyway. Thus the documentation should answer most of "can it do this?" type of questions.

Unfortunately the dialog does not include scrollbars. I believe you can use regular CSS overflow attribute for scrollbars.

Thanks!
quirtep
Posted: Monday, December 1, 2008 4:15:28 AM
Groups: Member

Believe me, I've poured over the documentation, and answered most of my own questions. I only asked the ones I could not find answers to. Thanks again for the info. I will try to be a lower maintenance customer from now on :)
eo_support
Posted: Monday, December 1, 2008 6:10:55 AM
Groups: Administration

I believe you. :) What I meant is, when you do not see something in the documentation, most likely that it is not there. There are two reasons for that, one is that our documentation is generated from the source code, so it is complete, which means if it is not in the documentation, then it is not in the source, then obviously there is nothing there. :) Another reason is that we as a component vendor we tried to keep the components as generic, simple and flexible as possible. Thus we usually purposely avoid introducing features that are very specific to a particular user scenario, and for features that can be implemented with simple HTML (such as scrolling), we usually leave it to the user to maintain maximum flexibility.