Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

Update Progressbar Options
eo_support
Posted: Thursday, August 2, 2007 8:44:42 AM
Groups: Administration

Not likely, we may have some other solution but it definitely will not work like this one. The reason is because it uses a separate page. Our ProgressBar is a control, not a page. It supposes to live happily with anything else you put in the page along with it.
Vagyok C4
Posted: Thursday, August 2, 2007 8:48:35 AM
Groups: Member

Let me rephrase the question. Can I put your control on a page by itslef and use it like the metholodogy described instead of a "table" progress bar?
eo_support
Posted: Thursday, August 2, 2007 8:57:57 AM

Probably not. You certainly provided some valuable feedback and the feature is definitely very important for a ProgressBar control. However the control is first and formost an ASP.NET server control so it has to live by that first. So I am quite sure that we will not accommodate this solution as is and ask our user to only put one ProgressBar but nothing else in the page. We will look into it and see what we can come up with.
Vagyok C4
Posted: Thursday, August 2, 2007 10:08:11 AM

Yeah! I wouldn't exclusively do this, but as a viable alternative option couldn't hurt either. Unless of course you find another way around the ASP.NET threading model which would allow long running processes to update the progress bar another way...

Cheers :)
Gustaov
Posted: Monday, December 1, 2008 7:34:45 AM

How can I make a Button Control visible after a long task monitored by ProgressBar
eo_support
Posted: Monday, December 1, 2008 10:00:35 AM

Hi,

You would start by handling the ProgressBar's ClientSideOnTaskDone event, which allows you to provide a JavaScript function to be called once the progress bar is done. If you are not already familiar with our client side JavaScript, you will want to go over this topic:

http://www.essentialobjects.com/ViewDoc.aspx?t=clientapi_howto.html

Once your JavaScript code is called, you would perform whatever you'd like there and it no longer has anything to do with the ProgressBar. For example, you can set an DHTML element's style.display to "block"/"none" to show/hide the element, or cause a post back (by calling __doPostBack), or a callback to call your server side code to perform any additional task that you would like to perform.

Thanks!