Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

license key Options
David
Posted: Tuesday, December 16, 2008 8:48:45 AM
Groups: Member

I tried the demo version on a page. Now I have purchased a license. I am still getting an error at the top of the page telling me that I need to purchase a license. I already got the key and ran the license manager. What gives?
eo_support
Posted: Tuesday, December 16, 2008 8:55:54 AM
Groups: Administration

Hi,

You need to apply the license file (which you called "redistribute key", on the same page where you get your developer key). The license file is for runtime and the key is for design time.

Thanks!
David
Posted: Tuesday, December 16, 2008 9:13:09 AM

eo_support wrote:
Hi,

You need to apply the license file (which you called "redistribute key", on the same page where you get your developer key). The license file is for runtime and the key is for design time.

Thanks!

I have already come to that conclusion, that is why I posted this question. I guess that I need to be more explicit.

Where do I find these keys? I already ran the License Manager, but I don't seem to have any keys. I went back to the email informing me about the key and it seems that it can only be run once.

I need a simple explanation of how to obtain the keys without running in circles telling me to go to this forum. It should also be pointed out that the help file is not helpful in this matter.
eo_support
Posted: Tuesday, December 16, 2008 9:37:35 AM

Hi,

The email gives you a link to access your order. That is not your license key. Once you see "My Orders", you would click "View" below "License Key" column to view the license information. Over there you should get all the keys needed.

Hope this helps.

Thanks
David
Posted: Tuesday, December 16, 2008 10:19:37 AM

eo_support wrote:
Hi,

The email gives you a link to access your order. That is not your license key. Once you see "My Orders", you would click "View" below "License Key" column to view the license information. Over there you should get all the keys needed.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

The key piece of information, which I got elsewhere, is that there is a key to paste into the license manager and there is a key file eo_web.licx, the distributable key, which you put in the bin directory along with the EO.web dll.

Couldn't you have just told me that? One sentence! Is that somewhere in the help file? When I did a search on license, I found nothing. Key produced too many hits, but not the right one.
eo_support
Posted: Tuesday, December 16, 2008 11:31:16 AM

Hi,

I am sorry about the confusion. You said "I already got the key and ran the license manager" in your original post. So I assumed that you have already visited the license key page and got the developer key.

We try to keep everything as simple as possible and there is no reason for us to confuse things or withhold any information. However we do expect our users to follow the on screen information. In the case of license key, once you click the link we sent to you, you should see a link to view the license key. Follow that link and you should have access to both keys along with detailed information about them. Since you said you have already gotten the key, we thought you already knew this.

If you still have any more questions, please try to be specific and provide as much detail as you can. We try our best to give you the best answer but the answer is always based on what you tell us.

Thanks!
Pre
Posted: Thursday, December 18, 2008 1:03:13 PM

Thanks David. I had the same license issue.