Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

Grids and client side functions Options
Brad Coble
Posted: Friday, December 19, 2008 10:32:15 AM
Groups: Member

First, wow just love the controls!

I have a grid that requires I set FullRowMode to false. Problem is, that limits my client functions. The work around I found is to use custom columns. These present problems in sizing.

What I need is some way to hook into the functions being called when someone resizes the columns. I know there is some javascript working when i resize because normal columns resize the editor textbox.

Other than that, any ideas how to constrain the custom column edit within the size for the cell?
eo_support
Posted: Friday, December 19, 2008 11:07:14 AM
Groups: Administration

Hi,

Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be an easy to do that. The Grid currently does not generate any notification when a column is being resized. You could set up a timer to query the column's width in order to detect any column size change, but I am not sure if that would be worth it. It does make perfect sense to have the Grid to notify the column that it has been resized though. So we will look into that and see whether we can add it.

Thanks!
Brad Coble
Posted: Friday, December 19, 2008 12:16:18 PM
Groups: Member

Thanks for the prompt answer!

I would also suggest looking into adding the client side before edit and after edit functions along with the begin edit and end edit functions to the grid itself while fullrowmode = false. So these are availble without custom columns.
eo_support
Posted: Friday, December 19, 2008 1:55:19 PM
Groups: Administration

Thanks for the suggestion!