Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

treeview drag and drop Options
DeanBlakely
Posted: Saturday, May 3, 2008 2:53:41 PM
Groups: Member

can I drag from one treeview to another?

(I think I posted this some time ago but it never got posted)
Gary
eo_support
Posted: Saturday, May 3, 2008 3:08:04 PM
Groups: Administration

No. Unfortunately you can not. Drag and drop is only supported within the same tree now.
ixthnar
Posted: Saturday, December 27, 2008 6:09:46 PM

Is it reasonable for me to use treeview_dragdrop_handler to approximate a drag & drop between tree views? I already have the info in the nodes that I need to accomplish the actions. I am thinking that I could wire the ClientSideOnDragOver and ClientSideOnDragDrop to cooperate to get the mousr cursor right and handle the drop event.

Is this feasible? If not, has anyone come up with another trick that would allow me to approximate a drag & drop between treeviews?

Thanks!
Chris
eo_support
Posted: Monday, December 29, 2008 5:16:25 AM

Hi,

I do not believe so. The ClientSideOnDragDrop is only fired on the original TreeView. So if you drag an item from TreeView1 over TreeView2, TreeView2's ClientSideOnDragOver will NOT be fired. The same is true for ClientSideOnDragDrop.

Thanks!
ixthnar
Posted: Monday, December 29, 2008 6:51:52 AM

Any plans to ...

1. Implement cross treeview DND?
2. Not prevent me from adding my own cross treeview DND? (if so, please provide tips.)

It appears I was confused when I qualified EO for my application. Cross treeview drag and drop is an essential requirement.

Mad at me not you. Now I have to make it right. Over the weekend I implemented cross treeview drag and drop with the asp:TreeView ... it will work but it's no eo:TreeView and I am letting my team down.

Thanks. I really appreciate your product and the support team!

Chris
eo_support
Posted: Monday, December 29, 2008 12:22:36 PM

Hi,

I am not sure how you implemented cross TreeView drag and drop with asp:TreeView, but I would believe that if you can get it to work with asp:TreeView, you should be able to get it to work with ours, although you may need to make some changes to accomondate our programming interface. The bottom line is the product currently did not implement this feature. That does not mean we have put a block there explicitly prohibit you from implementing it by yourself. This should be the same situation as asp TreeView.

Thanks