Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

How is EO.Web Controls Suite packaged? Options
Tobias
Posted: Thursday, January 8, 2009 11:39:37 PM
Groups: Member

Hi

I got some questions about how EO.Web Controls Suite is package... we only need maybe calendar and menu and we dont wanna expose out users for more than that.

If we buy EO.Web Controls Suite package is it sent in one dll or can we have separeted dll for each package?
eo_support
Posted: Friday, January 9, 2009 4:43:31 AM
Groups: Administration

Hi,

Our controls are always packaged as a single DLL because the controls share a lot of common code. Some other vendors package different controls in different DLLs, that cause a lot of duplicate code to be rendered to the client side if you use more than one of their controls. On the contrary, we only render shared code once.

In any case, most users will not see what controls are in our DLL because they do not install our product on their machine. They will only get a single DLL that comes with your application. Some advanced user may be curious enough to dig into the DLL and see what's inside it, but that would be a violation of the license term.

When you purchase the suite, you will get a license file that unlocks all controls. If you need to, we can create a separate license file for you that will only unlock the controls you specified. That way your user will not be able to use any other controls even if they found out there are others in the DLL.

Please feel free to let us know if you have any more questions.

Thanks!
Tobias
Posted: Friday, January 9, 2009 5:29:36 AM

Ok, that may suffice. :)
eo_support
Posted: Friday, January 9, 2009 5:44:21 AM

Great. Please feel free to let us know if you need us to make a separate license file for you.
JFH
Posted: Saturday, January 10, 2009 8:56:27 AM

eo_support wrote:
They will only get a single DLL that comes with your application.

I think you must be talking about desktop applications - not web - right?

Running a web application doesn't force the remote user to receive the DLL, does it?

Please clarify - I'm new to this and slightly confused...

Thanks,
John
eo_support
Posted: Saturday, January 10, 2009 9:14:40 AM

JFH wrote:
Running a web application doesn't force the remote user to receive the DLL, does it?

That is correct. The remote user does not receive any DLL.

JFH wrote:
Please clarify - I'm new to this and slightly confused...

I think Tobias was talking about redistribute his application to his client. For example, A may use our product to develop an online shopping application and sells it to B. End user C will be accessing B'website. Here:

1. A would purchase a license from us and install our product in order to develop his application;
2. B do not need a license from us, nor he would need to install our product. However he will get a copy of our DLL, as part of the program A distributed to him, so that A's application would run on his server;
3. C does not need to get anything;

Hope this clears up.

Thanks
JFH
Posted: Saturday, January 10, 2009 11:51:21 AM

Yes, that clears it up - thanks very much.