Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

Win Syntax Edit - Parser and Font issues Options
devilgoblin
Posted: Sunday, February 1, 2009 9:16:33 PM
Groups: Member

Two Issues.

1) When I try to set the SyntaxParser property to Csharp, in the designer or in code, visual studio crashes (If it is in code vshost.exe crashes when ran, not the ide itself). All other parsers do not crash the ide, at design time at least. I am using VS C# 2008.

I have now noticed this also may happen when trying to set the SyntaxParser with a dynamic parser that i have tried to set up.

2) When using a font such as 'Courier New', spaces do not have the same width as regular characters, which seems to be how most applications that display code do it. I would really like my application to display spaces with the same width as characters so the columns will match up. If there is something I can do to fix this myself please let me know.

Thanks.
eo_support
Posted: Monday, February 2, 2009 7:34:15 AM
Groups: Administration

Hi,

We are aware of the first problem and it appears to have to do with certain Vista features. We will work on it and hopefully can get it fixed.

We are not ware of the second problem because "Courier New" is a fixed width font (I believe that's the font the sample uses), so space does have the same width as regular characters in this case. Currently the editor will not be able to align columns if the font is a variable width font, however that should not be an issue if the font is fixed width. If that indeed is what you see please let us know and we will see if we can reproduce it.

Thanks!

devilgoblin
Posted: Monday, February 2, 2009 8:11:16 AM
Groups: Member

With further research I see that the fixed font problem is an issue only with html, as far as I can tell at this time. Also, it is a problem only with tags, such as when I type <table cellSpacing="1" cellPadding="1" width="100" border="1">. For example, between the words table and cellSpacing, and between "1" and width, and "100" and border. This causes the columns to then not align correctly. For this example, I am using VB.NET 2008, and I am using Vista. I have the font set to 12 pt.

Also, when I select text and hit the delete key, nothing happens. the Backspace key works to remove the text though. On the context menu, the Delete item is grayed out. Just noticed this. This is also happening with the html syntax parser. Have not tried others.
eo_support
Posted: Monday, February 2, 2009 8:34:13 AM
Groups: Administration

Hi,

Thanks for the additional information. We will look into it and hopefully can get it fixed soon.

Thanks!