Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

How to connect to an object on the same webpage where sliding menu resides Options
Angelle Adlay
Posted: Thursday, February 12, 2009 12:40:02 PM
Groups: Member

Hi,

Using the Slide menu, Is there a way to connect to an object on the same page where the Slide Menu reside, i.e. Crystal Reports viewer or a grid.
Code: Visual Basic.NET

I appreciate your help,
d'oh!
Angelle

eo_support
Posted: Thursday, February 12, 2009 12:57:53 PM
Groups: Administration

Hi,

I am not exactly sure what you are asking. Slide menu is an ASP.NET control on the server side, and it offers a JavaScript object on the client side. In addition, it provides you a set of properties that you can use to control its appearance/behavior. So whatever you would like to "connect" goes through those interface.

It is important for you to understand everything related to the slide menu starts/ends on these interfaces. These are the “boundaries” for the control. For example, a slide menu item provides you a NavigateUrl property that allows you to navigate to another page, while a page can contain anything, a simple HTML page, a movie, a flash, a pdf file, or a crystal report, whatever it is, it has nothing to do with the slide menu. The slide menu brings you to a page you specified and that’s the end of it on the slide menu side. On the page side, you can do whatever you want but nothing there has anything to do with the slide menu.

In your case, it might be easier for you to think about how to implement your feature without slide menu first. Obviously without the slide menu you would lose the “menu” part. But all other parts, such as “connecting” (I am not exactly sure what you mean by connecting), should be the same with or without slide menu. Once you have those working, for example, if you can get a simple link element to “connect” to your object, then you can have slide menu to “connect” to the object the same way, because both are used for navigational purpose.

BTW: You may want to modify your original post to remove your email address and phone number. A lot of automatic web crawlers crawls our websites and they may collect your email address for spam purpose. Since our system already has your email address when you register, our system can notify you when someone replies your forum post. We do not offer tech support over the phone so the phone number has no use to us either.

Thanks
Angelle Adlay
Posted: Thursday, February 12, 2009 2:16:46 PM

Hi,

Thank you for your prompt reply.

You're right I used the wrong term, "connect"; I should have used the term "link".

I was successful linking to another page from the sliding menu.

What I want to do, though is for the user not have to leave the page.

I created two table cells, one houses the sliding menu and one houses Crystal Reports Viewer. I want the user to click on a menu item and the right report dynamically run on the same page.

I know how to create a conditional code to do that. Where I'm I stuck is to cause the item menu to recognize an object on the same page whatever that object is.

If you can direct me to white paper that I can read, I appreciate that.

If it can't be done; it's alright. I just want to know before I spend many hours.

BTW, I tried to use the onclick event but I didn't succeed. I'm not an expert in Java.

Again thank you for your time.

Angelle
eo_support
Posted: Thursday, February 12, 2009 2:28:37 PM
Groups: Administration

Hi,

We have replied you private message.

Thanks!
Angelle Adlay
Posted: Thursday, February 12, 2009 2:32:37 PM

Thank you very much.