Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

Partial Trust Error Options
jprose
Posted: Tuesday, February 17, 2009 7:12:34 PM
Groups: Member

I have an older version of the Essential Objects we controls. Version 3.0 I believe. I am trying to get it working on my new computer. I'm using VS 2005 and Windows XP. I installed EO objects and added them a tab on my controls toolbar. When I add an object to a page and try to run it locally, I get the following error:
Your application is running under partial trust. EO.Web supports prtial trust, but a few modifications to your web.config are required. Please refer to http://www.essentialobjects.com/Go.aspx?id=1001 for more details.

I checked this help topic and it wasn't a ton of help. I thought ASP.NET apps build and run in full trust mode by default. I tried adding the trust level in the web config and explicitly setting it to Full, but that had no effect. Other than that, I have not changed my web config at all. I had an old computer and I used VS2005 and EO objects all the time and it worked great. But after reinstalling both products on my new machine, the EO objects don't work anymore.

Any ideas would be great!

Thanks,
Jeff Prose
Broomfield, Colorado
eo_support
Posted: Tuesday, February 17, 2009 8:09:52 PM
Groups: Administration

Hi,

The trust level is controlled on multiple places. I believe the top level is machine.config, if a trust level is set there, for example, to Medium, then it doesn't matter what trust level you set in your application and your application will not receive more than Medium trust. Similarly, web.config in child folder can not override trust level set in web.config in parent folder.

Our latest version works with partial trust. Your version might be too old to support that. So you may want to take a look of the latest version if you are interested. Note your current license does not cover the latest build, so if you do wish to use the latest version, you will need to place an upgrade order.

Thanks!