Bonnie
Posted: Thursday, February 19, 2009 6:19:55 PM
Groups: Member

For AJAXUploader I have set
AutoUpload="True"
TempFileLocation="~/TempFiles"
FinalFileList="AJAXPostedFileList1"
FinalFileLocation="~/UploadedFiles".
I also have a submit button to move files but I have a problem before I get to that point:

It works as expected when I run locally - As soon as the file is selected with the Browse button, the file appears in the Posted FileList and there is a file in the FinalFileLocation folder. On the server, the file appears in the Posted FileList but the file does not appear in the FinalFileLocation folder. No error appears.

I am wondering - is there is something else I need to do for the server website?

Thanks.
eo_support
Posted: Thursday, February 19, 2009 7:12:02 PM
Groups: Administration

Hi,

In fact I am puzzled why you see the file in your FinalFileLocation on your local machine. The behavior you see on your server is the expected behavior, what you see on your local machine is not.

The reason for this is uploader works in a two-step process: upload and postback. User would first click browse button then click upload button (If you set AutoUpload to true, then you do not need to click upload button), this is the upload step. This step transfers the file from the client machine to your TempFileLocation. Once this step is done, you can perform the second step, which posts back the page and now you will see the files in your FinalFileLocation. The second step can also automatically starts by setting AutoPostBack to true.

The following post also explained this process:

http://www.essentialobjects.com/forum/postst233_AJAX-Uploader-Set-FileNamePath.aspx

More information here:

http://doc.essentialobjects.com/library/1/ajaxuploader/ajaxuploader_behavior.aspx

So in any case in order for uploader to work correctly, your post back (usually means a submit button) will need to work correctly first.

Hope this helps. Please feel free to let us know if you have any more questions.

Thanks!
Bonnie
Posted: Thursday, February 19, 2009 7:51:09 PM
Groups: Member

You are right. The files do appear in the Final Location when the submit button is clicked (and the form Posts Back). I was confused by the existence of leftover files from previous uploads.

It is in my submit handler where I was trying to move files that I encoutner a problem. (Access denied) It appears to be a permission problem that I have on the server that I do not have on my local machine. So this is probably not a problem to address to you after all.

Thank you for taking time to explain the AJAXUploader process. I will see if I can solve my permission problem.
eo_support
Posted: Thursday, February 19, 2009 8:27:09 PM
Groups: Administration

Not a problem. Glad that cleared up. Please feel free to let us know if you have any more questions.