Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

65K line limit in Opera 9.21 Options
Arnold Bailey
Posted: Monday, August 6, 2007 7:27:27 AM
Groups: Member

I have a treeview that is huge. It opens fine in IE and in FireFox. In Opera the TreeView displays nothing. Blank screen were it should be. On looking at the source, all the code is there for the TreeView but the window._eo_initobj_MessageListTree script is force wrapped in the Opera view of the source. The wrap takes place in the middle of function names etc. On looking at the character position on the line it is always at 65531 characters.

My suspicion is that Opera is limited to 65k line buffers and large scripts like this get mangled by line wraps inserted in the middle of variables, function names etc. If I take the text from Opera and save it and try to run it in IE I get all sorts of script errors. Where it wraps it typically removes one character.

You need to insert \r\n characters after ";" characters in your code generation or something similar so the lines don't get too long. You have to be carefull because Javascript doesn't allow strings to wrap to the next line.

eo_support
Posted: Monday, August 6, 2007 7:45:39 AM
Groups: Administration

Hi Arnold,

That might be it. We will look into it and see what we can find. Wrapping the line should be easy for us as we generate the script so we know where the string boundaries are.

Thanks