Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

Visual Studio 2008 Beta 2 Compatibility... Options
Troy
Posted: Wednesday, August 8, 2007 12:37:58 AM
Groups: Member

Hello,

I installed VS 2008 Beta and notice there seems to be some incompatibilities and was wondering if you were going to address those any time soon, or if you even knew they existed. Some problems are as follows:

Quote:
1. It often throws a type initializer for 'EO.Web.Internal.hq' exception

2. If you go into let say the Menu Builder, you do not get the ellipses for the CSS styles, where normally you would get the ellipses to open a CSS builder form.

Right off the top of my head that is all I can think of, I may edit and add more as I see them.

Also for note: I did not actually reinstall the EO.Web, it was actually picked up from my VS 2005 installation, so if you think that may be some of the problem, I could uninstall and reinstall if you want me to try that.

Thanks for your time!
Troy
eo_support
Posted: Wednesday, August 8, 2007 7:36:41 AM
Groups: Administration

Hi Troy,

We are aware of the second issue and still researching it. Not sure about the first one though. I don't think you need to reinstall it. You can try to remove it from your toolbox and add it again. Also try to remove the DLL reference and add it back from your project and see if it helps.

Thanks
Troy
Posted: Thursday, August 9, 2007 9:48:17 AM
Groups: Member

Here is another issue that seems to be specific to the EO.Web dll. Have you seen this?

If I was to copy a table from the Design view, and paste it into a PageView it adds all kinds of non-breaking space entities in the Source. I once removed them, then edited the properties on the MultiPage (removed the default height) and I had all these spaces once again.

I have emailed you an screenshot, but wanted to add this here so it can be tracked.
eo_support
Posted: Thursday, August 9, 2007 9:54:16 AM

Excellent. We will be posting an update shortly but that will not cover 2008 Beta issues. Hopefully our next update will work with it. There is no guarantee though.

Thank you very much for your help.
eo_support
Posted: Friday, August 17, 2007 11:31:07 AM

We were able to reproduce this problem with standard ASP.NET Panel control and reported it to MS. MS has confirmed that this is a bug in Beta 2:

https://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedback/ViewFeedback.aspx?FeedbackID=293743

They claimed that they have found the problem and fixed it. So hopefully the problem won't occur in release version.

Thanks

Troy wrote:
Here is another issue that seems to be specific to the EO.Web dll. Have you seen this?

If I was to copy a table from the Design view, and paste it into a PageView it adds all kinds of non-breaking space entities in the Source. I once removed them, then edited the properties on the MultiPage (removed the default height) and I had all these spaces once again.

I have emailed you an screenshot, but wanted to add this here so it can be tracked.