Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

Developer License Options
Mike Wynn
Posted: Friday, August 24, 2007 8:02:33 AM
Groups: Member

Hi, I am looking to purchase a develper license for the EO control library but would appreciate clarification on two points:

1. Would it be possible at some time in the future to upgrade this license to a Coprorate Lisence? In which case, is it simply the price difference between the two that would be payable?
2. How is the restriction to a single developer enforced? We have a build server, and I need to know whether this will cause any problems if the develper lisence is restricted to the developers machine.

Regards.
eo_support
Posted: Friday, August 24, 2007 8:17:03 AM
Groups: Administration

Hi,

It is possible to upgrade to corporate license. However the upgrade price is higher than the price difference. I believe for suite developer license, it's $50 higher. (The price difference is $150, the upgrade is $200).

Single developer license is enforced by EULA. So if you purchase a single developer license but having multiple developers using it, it would be a violation of the license terms. Having a separate build machine is not a problem because the EULA does not prevent you from using it on multiple machines. In another word, you can have our product installed on your home computer, your work computer, your laptop....as long as it's solely used by you. Also, runtime deployment does not count. For example, if you have one developer to develop a website and two testers to test them, the testers would not need a license as long as they only test the deployed website (even a beta internally).

Thanks