Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

Required Field Validator for Masked Edit Options
Darrell Reinke
Posted: Wednesday, September 9, 2009 3:02:05 PM
Groups: Member

I have been reading the posts on how the required field validator does not work with your masked edit control. Do you know when/if you are going to provide that functionality?

Thank you.
eo_support
Posted: Wednesday, September 9, 2009 3:21:17 PM
Groups: Administration

Hi,

MaskedEdit will never work with RequiredFieldValidator. They two have different definitions for empty fields. Required field validator considers any field that has any value as valid; Where as MaskedEdit does not have such a clear defintion. For example, an empty MaskedEdit for a phone number would show "(___) ___ ____" and it would be considered valid by RequiredFieldValidator.

The functionality that you are looking for is probably already there: There is a separate MaskEditValidator. It works very similar to RequiredFieldValidator.

Thanks!

Rodrigo
Posted: Saturday, October 17, 2009 11:15:15 PM
Groups: Member

Hi,

I read this post and other post about the same topic, specially this "http://www.essentialobjects.com/forum/postst3692_Required-Field-Validator-for-Masked-Edit.aspx".
I follow the instructions and test the same code, but nothing. Maskedit Field Validator doesn't work for me.
Recently you give me intructions for download 7.0.34.2 version. There are another version with problem solve?.

Thanks.

eo_support
Posted: Monday, October 19, 2009 10:33:15 AM
Groups: Administration

Hi,

You will need to set the segment's Required to true, and then use MaskedEditValidator, not RequiredFieldValidator.

Thanks