Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

can we use datepicker with databound gridview or detailsview control ?? Options
raj
Posted: Thursday, June 7, 2007 10:09:30 PM
Groups: Member

i m trying to evaluate ur datepicker for our project.
using Visual studio 2005 , well datepicker is showing in tools section. And as our forms are already developed now.i was just trying to drag the datepicker onto content placeholder (which already has databound detailsview) ...its giving some error.

so wondering if ur product would be dragged and dropped from tool section ?

thanks
eo_support
Posted: Friday, June 8, 2007 5:51:00 AM
Groups: Administration

Hi Raj,

Our DatePicker does support GridView. Can you post detailed error message so that we can look into it? Also, does the error only occur at design time or it occurs at both design time and run time?

Thanks
raj
Posted: Monday, June 11, 2007 6:50:34 PM
Groups: Member

hi support
Error occurs when i m dragging the control into the webform.
msg box show :Attempted to read or write protected memory.This is often an indication that other memory is currupt

thanks
waiting for ur reply
eo_support
Posted: Monday, June 11, 2007 7:13:28 PM
Groups: Administration

Hi Raj,

We've seen the problem occurs at a number of scenarios, however it mostly seems to be a VS.NET bug and we can only provide workaround here. Try these steps:

1. Make sure you have our latest version. There was some issues that can causes this problem when other DLLs in your project are being obfuscated by one specific comercial obfuscator. The issue was not on our side but we have since worked around the issue;

2. Try to develop locally. VS.NET sometimes behaves very strange when your project is on a network drive or a remote site. This has to do with the code access security since remote site does not have full permission set;

3. Install VS 2005 SP1. SP1 fixed a lot of strange issues;

4. If those do not work and the problem occurs consistently, I would recommend you to start with our demo project and see if the problem occurs there. If it doesn't occur there, you can try to compare our demo project and your project and see if you can pin point the triggerring point;

Thanks