Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

AJAXUploader causing entire page to reload Options
Tarkon
Posted: Tuesday, June 12, 2007 7:41:53 AM
Groups: Member

Hi,

This morning I downloaded your control demos and am trying it out. I made my own demo page and the control worked great, however when I put it into an existing form, the entire page reloads when I try to upload an image.

Two things on our existing form: 1. It's part of a master page system, 2. it's within a FormView control. Should this matter? Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks!
eo_support
Posted: Tuesday, June 12, 2007 7:54:27 AM
Groups: Administration

Hi Tarkon,

Check if you have this property set to true:

http://www.essentialobjects.com/ViewDoc.aspx?t=EO.Web.AJAXUploader.AutoPostBack.html

AJAXUploader does not post back the page when the upload starts (A regular file upload would start posting back as soon as you start upload and the whole page will sit there till the upload is done). But once the upload is done, the page needs to be somehow posted back to the server so that your server side code will get a chance to do something with the newly uploaded file. There are several ways to post back:

1. Set AutoPostBack to true. This way the uploader automatically post back as soon as the upload is done;

2. Have some other controls to do postback, for example, you have a submit button in the form, when the submit button is clicked, the form will post back, at this time the AJAXUploader will trigger its FileUploaded event so that your code knows that user have uploaded files;

3. Combine any of the above with a CallbackPanel. That way even the page still postback, it will only be the region that's within the CallbackPanel's boundary that is uploaded, not the whole page. This is actually how we use it in the demo. The left side tree is not uploaded, only the demo region on the right side is updated.

Please feel free to let us know if you have any more questions.

Thanks