Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

Progressbar Multiple Instance Workaround Options
jane_doe
Posted: Monday, February 22, 2010 5:45:55 AM
Groups: Member

Hi,

I have a progressbar used to display the progress of my process. The problem is when I open two or more webpages and run each process at the same time on different page, either only one page is showing the progressbar or an popup error is displayed on the other pages. I wonder if there is any workaround to this so I can show all pages the progress status. I'll be willing to purchase a license if there is a viable solution. Any help?

jane_doe
eo_support
Posted: Monday, February 22, 2010 9:52:52 AM
Groups: Administration

Hi,

Having two progress bars running at the same time is possible but the root of the problem is not the progress bar not supporting two instances. The root of the problem is ASP.NET does not allow two pages from the same session running at the same time (otherwise you would need to use locks to access session variables). So the only solution is to change your server side code to run the tasks in worker thread and then drive the ProgressBar with JavaScript.

The ProgressBar is free so we do not have a license for it to sell to you. Because it is a free control, we do not officially provide tech support for it either. However if you can purchase a suite license, we will be happy to provide a sample that demonstrates how to make the above changes so that two can run at the same time. If you only want the sample code but not the suite license, we can also offer it for a one time service fee that would be in the range of $200. Please let us know if you are interested.

Thanks!