Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

Progress Bar with xsl/aspx in ColdFusion Iframe Options
JaniceB
Posted: Wednesday, February 24, 2010 5:40:56 PM
Groups: Member

I have no real experience with .net or aspx, so need some help determining where to place the progress bar code. Detailed and dumbed-down instructions will be appreciated.

I have a ColdFusion website that links via an Iframe to an aspx page that displays documents from our records management system. Since the purpose of this page is to search for documents, I would like to add a visible and obvious progress bar that will display during the search process.

I've downloaded the required tools to add the bar, but have been unsuccessful in having it display. I am not sure where I need to put the code and/or its various pieces.

CF Iframe contains a link to the aspx page. The aspx page relies on the xsl page, which relates to a config.xml. There are also ascx and js pages. Since I don't know how these interrelate, I'm lost.

Any guidance is appreciated.
eo_support
Posted: Wednesday, February 24, 2010 6:21:29 PM
Groups: Administration

Hi,

Thanks for posting in the forum. However you may want to seek other resource for your questions. Our support focuses on our product, so we are unable to answer any questions related to generic Web/ASP.NET programming. Also even if we were able to, we do not provide free support related to our free controls. In order to receive free support on free controls, you must already have a license for our product.

Thanks!
JaniceB
Posted: Thursday, February 25, 2010 9:46:30 AM
Groups: Member

Thanks for your response. I can understand that you wouldn't provide support for free controls.

You might want to change the term forum, however, since that conotes an open discussion. It is appreciated that your tech folks would be involved and respond, but usually a forum provides a broader base than simply tech support.

You might keep in mind that some of us use free products of a company prior to a purchase as a means of demo-ing the usability, quality and support of the company when no trial version of software is available.

eo_support
Posted: Thursday, February 25, 2010 10:10:42 AM
Groups: Administration

Hi,

We appreciate your feedback. You can always try out our non-free controls and thoroughly evaluate both the product and support for those. We do provide free support for non-free controls and many of our users are thrilled and impressed by the quality of the support we offer. We just do not support free controls. We would love to but in reality we can not afford to.

As to using forum as the support platform, it is actually what our users wanted. I can understand that the term "forum" might be a bit confusing, but the main benefit is many of our users are able to search existing post in the forum to quickly find answers to their questions and related information, and often directly through a search engine because the forum is public thus are regularly indexed by search engines. It's very much like an online KB, but provided in the form of forum so that people can actually see the whole discussion about a topic from the beginning to the end, thus it gives them a lot of background information. A closed ticket system does not offer these benefits. We are able run our support as a public forum because we are rather confident about our support quality. We do not prevent other people answers questions but we are always heavily involved. In case a third party posts an answer we always review the answer to ensure technically accuracy.

We do understand some people do not wish to post their questions publicly, or sometimes need to discuss sensitive matters such as application details, payments or anything else that they wish to discuss in private. In that case you can either send us private message through the forum to use the “Contact Us” page (Support -> Contact Us from the main menu) to contact us privately.

Thanks!