Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

ItemMoved Drag and Drop Options
sacredspirita
Posted: Wednesday, September 12, 2007 9:37:41 AM
Groups: Member

Hi,

I am new and evaluating the treeview software... I have managed to get databinding to a database table to work just fine in my test application.

What I want to do is allow the drag and drop to be used in conjunction with saving the changes to the database.

So I set AllowDragDrop=true in my control declaration.

In the documentation for the LIVE DEMO Drag and Drop it stated that a server side event is called, ItemMoved, for each time a node is moved.

So now what I want to do is be able to trigger an event when a node is moved so I can record its new position in the menu (ie, parent folder(s)). But I can't find any documentation on this server side event in the online documents.

The Demo claims it is part of the treenode but when I look at the treenode there is no eventof that name.

And if I use intellisense it shows ItemMoved Under the treeview as a event. However, if I look under treeview.nodes it shows no ItemMoved event

Can someone point me in the right direction? I really an wanting to develop a treeview on the fly and allow the end user to manipulate that treeview how they need it, to organize their own pages more easily.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Angela
eo_support
Posted: Wednesday, September 12, 2007 9:41:04 AM
Groups: Administration

Hi,

The ItemMoved is not on the TreeNode. It's on the TreeView. See here for details:

http://www.essentialobjects.com/ViewDoc.aspx?t=EO.Web.TreeView.ItemMoved.html

Thanks