Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

TabStrip - Selected Tab does not highlight Options
jgg
Posted: Tuesday, September 18, 2007 1:29:48 PM
Groups: Member

I created a tabstrip in a master page for a .net 2.0 app. For any template I try when I run it the inital tab stays highlighted no matter which tab I click. Is there another setting I need to set or be aware of?
thx.
eo_support
Posted: Tuesday, September 18, 2007 1:40:40 PM
Groups: Administration

It appears that you have something else on top of the TabStrip but it's transparent. Try to comment your master page's content block by block and you should be able to find out the offending part.

Thanks
jgg
Posted: Wednesday, September 19, 2007 5:48:59 AM

I have created a stripped down master page with nothing but the tabs and the issue still happens. When I enter a URL into the NavigateURL property and click the link it seems to be doing a postback during which it seems the tab gets reset to the default (i.e. with the Home Page tab highlighted).

<%@ Master Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeFile="testarea.master.cs" Inherits="testarea" %>
<%@ Register Assembly="EO.Web" Namespace="EO.Web" TagPrefix="eo" %>

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">

<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" >
<head runat="server">
<title>Untitled Page</title>

</head>
<body>

<form id="form1" runat="server">
<table>
<tr><td>
<eo:TabStrip ID="TabStrip1" runat="server" ControlSkinID="None">
<TopGroup>
<Items>
<eo:TabItem NavigateUrl="~/home.aspx" Text-Html="Home Page">
</eo:TabItem>
<eo:TabItem NavigateUrl="~/about.aspx" Text-Html="About Us">
<eo:TabItem Text-Html="Screen Saver">
<eo:TabItem Text-Html="Appearance">
<eo:TabItem Text-Html="Settings">
</Items>
</TopGroup>
<LookItems>
<eo:TabItem Height="21" ItemID="_Default" LeftIcon-SelectedUrl="00010605" LeftIcon-Url="00010604"
NormalStyle-CssText="background-image: url(00010602); background-repeat: repeat-x; font-weight: normal; color: black;"
RightIcon-SelectedUrl="00010607" RightIcon-Url="00010606" SelectedStyle-CssText="background-image: url(00010603); background-repeat: repeat-x; font-weight: bold; color: #ff7e00;"
Text-Padding-Bottom="2" Text-Padding-Top="1">
<SubGroup ItemSpacing="1" Style-CssText="background-image:url(00010601);background-position-y:bottom;background-repeat:repeat-x;color:black;cursor:hand;font-family:Verdana;font-size:12px;">
</SubGroup>
</LookItems>
</eo:TabStrip>
</td></tr>
<tr><td>
<asp:contentplaceholder id="ContentPlaceHolder1" runat="server">
</asp:contentplaceholder>
</td></tr>
</table>
</form>
</body>
</html>
eo_support
Posted: Wednesday, September 19, 2007 8:07:43 AM

Ah...That explains why. :) When you use NavigateUrl, every time you click a Tab, it goes to a totally different page, even though they share the same master page. Even though those two pages are generated from the same templates, they are totally two different pages from the browser's point of view. So whatever state information for the first page is completely discarded.

TabStrip does offer help to automatically select the correct tab in this situation based on NavigateUrl and the current page Url. If you set the TabStrip's AutoSelectSource to NavigateUrl, it will try to find a matching tab item based on the current page Url and NavigateUrl, if it finds a match, it will automatically select that tab. Give that a try and see if it solves the problem for you.

Thanks
jgg
Posted: Wednesday, September 19, 2007 9:02:58 AM

That worked. Thank you. I am evaluating the tool for our company and I appreciate the prompt and helpful feedback.
eo_support
Posted: Wednesday, September 19, 2007 9:06:45 AM

Not a problem. Please feel free to let us know if you have any more questions.