Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

Firefox Progress Issue with AJAXUpload Options
UglyDuckling
Posted: Wednesday, September 12, 2007 4:09:28 PM
Groups: Member

Hello,

I have a typical use case of AJAXUpload used to upload images to a server, process them, and then send back a Url that writes the edited image to the response stream.

This example is using an AJAXUpload in a UserControl that is wrapped in an UpdatePanel for a typical partial postback scenario.

The scenario works perfectly in IE, but in Firefox the script runs correctly but is locked in a continuous progress activity state which does not end. I have emailed you with the repro project.

eo_support
Posted: Thursday, September 13, 2007 7:12:04 AM
Groups: Administration

Hi,

We ran the repro project and using FireFox to verify it and it worked perfect fine here. Would you mind to elaborate the issue?

Thanks
UglyDuckling
Posted: Thursday, September 13, 2007 7:45:18 AM

eo_support wrote:
Hi,

We ran the repro project and using FireFox to verify it and it worked perfect fine here. Would you mind to elaborate the issue?

Thanks

It does work as expected functionally but the progress indicator (animated gif) that the page is loading runs forever in Firefox. It gives the user the impression that the page is still loading more data but it is not. IE runs as expected and returns to the "done" state, Firefox never returns to the done state but is able to continue to work normally.
eo_support
Posted: Thursday, September 13, 2007 7:49:34 AM

But I do not see any progress bar at all in the page that you sent to us? In fact I see an AJAXUploader with a custom layout that explicitly left out the progress bar.

UglyDuckling wrote:

It does work as expected functionally but the progress indicator (animated gif) that the page is loading runs forever in Firefox. It gives the user the impression that the page is still loading more data but it is not. IE runs as expected and returns to the "done" state, Firefox never returns to the done state but is able to continue to work normally.
UglyDuckling
Posted: Saturday, September 22, 2007 3:47:28 PM

I'm not speaking about the EO.AJAXUploader ProgressBar, I am talking about the Progress Indicator graphic in Firefox. It is happening in FireFox, not IE.

Run the example in Firefox, and notice that the animating circle graphic in the top right hand side never stops after a postback. Notice at the bottom in the status bar the test is "Transferring data from localhost..." and it never says "Done." even though the script finishes executing.

Notice that neither of these things happens in IE.

That is the problem.
eo_support
Posted: Saturday, September 22, 2007 3:54:20 PM

I am not sure if that is a problem but we will look into it. Browser does that at times. I do not believe that we are loading anything in the background.
UglyDuckling
Posted: Saturday, September 22, 2007 4:02:43 PM

It does occur every time, though; and while it doesn't break the site it a nag for a professional looking site that seems to always load in a particular situation. Thank you for looking into it...