Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

Menu and Pageview questions Options
Chris
Posted: Tuesday, October 9, 2007 7:59:10 AM
Groups: Member

I am in the process of creating a conference registration page and have decided to use a couple of your controls to make things flow a bit nicer. Overall I love the controls, and have a request in to purchase them.

I do have a couple of questions that are not deal breaker for me, but would be very nice.

1. I am using the Menu Control as a "site map", its a mix of data requests and on the fly additions (I have to calculate the number of days the conference is running, and create links for each of those days).
1a. Is there any way for me to highlight the current page on that control? - You select Day 1, and Day 1 gets highlighted.

1b. Can I lock out (enable = false) specific links on that control? - I want to turn off the payment tab until everything is complete.

2. Tab/MultiPage/Pageview Control. I group these together because Im not sure what one will handle the following question.

2a. Is there a way to quickly check if anything on a tab(s) has changed? I have a number of text boxes and drop downs that I would like to know if any value has changed without having to postback on each and ever field.

Thanks in advance.

Chris.
eo_support
Posted: Tuesday, October 9, 2007 8:15:07 AM
Groups: Administration

Hi Chris,

Glad to hear that you like our controls. As for your questions:

1a. Check this property:
http://www.essentialobjects.com/ViewDoc.aspx?t=EO.Web.BaseNavigator.AutoSelectSource.html

You will need to set SelectedStyle first (if you don't set it, the menu item will look no different than a normal one even if it is selected);

1b. Yes. You can either set the menu item's Visible to false or Disabled to true. You may also want to check out this property if you use roles:
http://www.essentialobjects.com/ViewDoc.aspx?t=EO.Web.NavigationItem.AllowRoles.html

2a. Unfortunately no. TabStrip/MultiPage/PageView does not care what's inside your tab. All it does is to show/hide tabs.

Please feel free to let us know if you have any more questions.

Thanks
Chris
Posted: Tuesday, October 9, 2007 9:30:42 AM
Groups: Member

Thanks for the quick reply, thats the info I needed.