Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

Domain Name changed License File Toasted Options
PDG
Posted: Friday, July 29, 2011 1:41:57 PM
Groups: Member

Hi,

My company changed the domain name. The old domain name is now obsolete. I need to change that domain in the license. I tried in the licx file and that toasted everything. How do I change the domain name. I went to my orders and license. It tells me all about the old domain, but does not appear to provide a mechanism to change to the new domain.

Thanks!
eo_support
Posted: Friday, July 29, 2011 1:54:58 PM
Groups: Administration

Hi,

Unfortunately you cannot change the domain name for standard license. A standard license is restricted to a single domain name. Once the domain name is set, you can no longer change it. That's the key reason why it is cheaper than a developer license. A developer license does not restrict domain names so you can use it with any domain name.

In order to use more than one domain name (no matter you use them simultaneous or not). You will need either multiple standard licenses or a single developer license. Usually it would make more sense to have a single developer license because multiple standard licenses would cost more than a single developer license. In your case however the alternative is cheaper since an upgrade path exists. You have a single EO.Web Controls 2010 standard license, since the current version is EO.Web Controls 2011, you can upgrade your 2010 to 2011 for 30% of the full price, which is only about $60. You will get a brand new 2011 order including all new controls, after you have the new order, you can set the new order to a different domain name even though it’s an upgrade order. Note you will still only be able to set it once. Your other alternative is to upgrade developer license. That will not have any domain restrictions but will be much more expensive (at about $210 after upgrade discount). Please let us know if you are interested in either option.

If you do not wish to upgrade but only wish to have your license file repaired, you can log into your account to download the license file again.

Thanks
PDG
Posted: Friday, July 29, 2011 3:03:35 PM

The developer license can be distributed under multiple different domains? There is a possibility of this being required. Please let me know whom I can contact. Thanks.
eo_support
Posted: Friday, July 29, 2011 3:12:44 PM

Hi,

The default license file for a developer license does not have host name in it, so it works with any host name. You will also have the option of creating host name restricted license file. But unlike standard license you can only set the host name once, with developer license you can set it/change it/remove it whenever you need to.

If you wish to upgrade to developer license, you will need to place a new EO.Web Controls 2011 developer license order with an upgrade discount code. It will be a brand new order, but the discount code makes sure you won’t pay the full price since you are upgrading from a previous license.

Once you are ready to order, you can reply here again and we will create a onetime discount code for you. The code will be valid for a few days. You can then use that code to place the upgrade order.

Please feel free to let us know if you still have any more questions.

Thanks!
PDG
Posted: Friday, July 29, 2011 3:15:22 PM

Thanks, I will upgrade when I get code.
eo_support
Posted: Friday, July 29, 2011 3:20:24 PM

Hi,

We have sent the code to you through private message. You can click "Inbox" at the top of the forum to view the message.

Thanks!
PDG
Posted: Friday, July 29, 2011 4:10:14 PM

Ok, I just purchased the developers license. I uninstalled version 8, installed version 9, moved the dll to the server and I get this:

Parser Error Message: Could not load file or assembly 'EO.Web, Version=8.0.40.2, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=e92353a6bf73fffc' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)

it said it was "integrating with VS2010", so I assume the correct version is on there. What gives?
eo_support
Posted: Friday, July 29, 2011 4:18:13 PM

Hi,

You need to update your project reference to point to the new version 9 DLL and rebuild your project. Otherwise it will still remember it was using version 8 and DLL and keep looking for it.

Thanks
PDG
Posted: Friday, July 29, 2011 4:57:16 PM

I had done that, and checked the properties on the reference which said it was 9. I did rebuild the project. Then copied all the binary and project files over to production server ... That did not work, it still thinks it is 8. The production server is not accessible for recompile.
eo_support
Posted: Friday, July 29, 2011 5:06:37 PM

Hi,

You just need to find out where in your project is still remembering version 8. It should be quite simple to find out. Do a search in files with the version number it is looking for may give you the answer right away. There is really nothing tricky about this. Somewhere somehow in your project it stored the old version number. It could be in your project file (the references), could be in your .aspx file, could be in your web.config, even in your code or another DLL that your project relies on. Find it and change (or remove the exact version number if you don't want to run into the situation again) it and you should be all set.

Thanks