Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

control cannot be created Options
Boranet
Posted: Monday, October 8, 2007 11:49:19 AM
Groups: Member

Good afternoon

A ihave bought the EO control suite, and today when i tried to use some of the controls, it gave me the followuing sentence "Control cannot be created, because Visual Studio Cannot find the controls assembly"

Thanks
eo_support
Posted: Monday, October 8, 2007 5:18:08 PM
Groups: Administration

Hi Boranet,

This is a rather common error seen in Visual Studio with web applications. It affects all server controls, not just ours. The problem is elsewhere within the application. While there are many reasons that can cause this problem, here are a few common one:

1. Your project is on a remote share. In this case VS.NET will not be able load the DLL in the bin folder because the default .NET permission settings does not trust code on a remote share; You can either move your project, change your .NET security setting, or add our controls to GAC to get around this;
2. The DLL in your bin folder may have been tampered. In that case you will need to replace the DLL with the correct one;

Either way I would recommend you try to create a blank new local project and try with that first. That way you can compare the difference between a working project and a non-working project which eventually should lead you to a solution.

Thanks
Boranet
Posted: Tuesday, October 9, 2007 4:19:24 AM

Hello

In fact I created a new project, and the controls were added successfully. What can i do to fix the other project?
eo_support
Posted: Tuesday, October 9, 2007 5:43:03 AM
Groups: Administration

Hi Boranet,

We have already listed a few common reasons in our previous reply. So please check those first. Other than those I am not sure what else it could be. You would just have to compare your projects. The problem lies in your project, not in our controls.

Thanks
Boranet
Posted: Wednesday, October 10, 2007 1:07:23 AM

Good Morning.

O have found the problem. It was an expression on the web.config file.

Thanks
Boranet