Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

2 AJAXUploader controls causing issues on page Options
Tommy Joyner
Posted: Tuesday, October 23, 2007 7:11:41 PM
Groups: Member

I have 2 AJAXUploader controls on my aspx page. If I browse a file in both, and then click upload in both, things seem to get "confused". The file sizes are not represented correctly for each file as they are uploading, and the Save button on my page keeps posting back to the same page, vs going to the correct destination. If I have 1 control with 2 rows, everything works fine.

I need 2 controls because I need to identify one upload as the "media item logo" and the second upload as the actual "media item". However, I cant trust my user to upload in that order (using 1 control with 2 rows).

I really like the functionality of your upload control -- I hope I am just doing something stupid

Also, I'm in a time crunch and need to get this working tomorrow if at all possible

eo_support
Posted: Tuesday, October 23, 2007 7:26:49 PM
Groups: Administration

Hi Tommy,

Actually running two AJAXUploader at the same time should not be allowed due to implementation limitations. You can have as many uploader as you like in the page, but only one can run at any given time. In current release the uploader does not check this, so you are able to start both but as you have noticed, they do not work. In the future we will change our code so that you won't be able to start them at the same time, until we have a solution that does support running two uploader simultaneously.

To work around the problem, you may want to use iframes. You can put each uploader in a separate page and then place them inside two iframes. The trouble of doing that is that you need to put in some code to communicate between the iframe page and the hosting page. The easiest way is to set the uploader's AutoPostBack to true, on the server side inside FileUploaded event handler you then renders a piece of JavaScript code (by setting a Label's Visible to true, the Label'Text property contains the JavaScript code, for example) that notifies the host window that the uploading is done.

Thanks