Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

TabStrip and CallbackPanel Options
MKotaska
Posted: Thursday, October 18, 2007 12:11:32 PM
Groups: Member

Hello,
I want to buy a set of controls, I tried it and I found a problem.
There is a Tabstrip and CallbackPanel on my page, TabStrip has set RaisesServerEvent to true and Callback panel has a trigger Tabstrip.
The problem is : if I click on one of Tabs, serverside call back is properly done, but clicked tab is not marked as selected - first tab is always selected. If CallbackPanel trigger is not assigned, the clicked tab is properly marked as selected.

Does have anybody any idea?

Thank you.
Milan Kotaska
info@softkom.cz
eo_support
Posted: Thursday, October 18, 2007 12:36:34 PM
Groups: Administration

Hi,

Your TabStrip must be outside of the CallbackPanel. When RaisesServerEvent is true, TabStrip assumes the page would go back to the server and update the selected tab on the server side. If you put the TabStrip outside of the CallbackPanel, the selected tab will be updated on the server side but the result is never transfered back to the client side.

The easiest way to workaround this is to handle ClientSideOnItemClick.

Code: JavaScript
function on_tab_item_click(e, info)
{
    //Select the clicked item on the client side
    info.getItem().setSelected(true);
}

Code: HTML/ASPX
<eo:TabStrip ClientSideOnItemClick="on_tab_item_click" ....>
</eo:TabStrip>

After you put the above code in, when you click a tab item, it would first call on_tab_item_click, then go on to trigger the callback.

Thanks
MKotaska
Posted: Monday, October 29, 2007 9:51:11 AM
Groups: Member

Thanks a lot,

it works.

But I found another problem.

As I described in a previous post, a Tabstrip invokes CallbackPanel server side action which generates a special ASPX control. I want to invoke Callback by pressing on asp:ImageButton (outside of Callback panel) and update asp:Label (outside CallbackPanel) too. I have added a trigger ImageButton to CallbackPanel, content on CallbackPanel is changing but asp:Label is unchanged.

Here is a sample page : http://www.softkom.cz/newscheduleBRZS.aspx
The problem is: if I press on an orange arrow, server side event will change a grid date, but label between arrows are unchanged.

Have you an idea?

Thank you
eo_support
Posted: Monday, October 29, 2007 9:55:41 AM
Groups: Administration

Everything that you want to change must sit inside a CallbackPanel. So you can use a second CallbackPanel to holds the Label, then set both CallbackPanel's GroupName to the same value. That way trigger one CallbackPanel will update both.

Thanks