Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

NuGet packages Options
Duncan Smart
Posted: Wednesday, September 12, 2012 11:36:04 AM
Groups: Member

Are there any plans to create NuGet packages for the products? I'm especially interested in there being a NuGet package for EO.PDF as having multiple copies of 15MB binaries in my source repository isn't great for source control systems such as git or mercurial.
eo_support
Posted: Wednesday, September 12, 2012 11:43:46 AM
Groups: Administration

Hi,

No. We do not have any plan for that yet. That would be an interesting thing to support though. We will look into it and see what we can do. One thing we know is that we will NOT be able to upload every builds to NuGet as we update very often.

Thanks!
Duncan Smart
Posted: Wednesday, September 12, 2012 11:54:24 AM

I'd only be interested in the official stable build as announced in the Announcements forum.
Duncan Smart
Posted: Wednesday, September 12, 2012 11:57:23 AM

In fact, I could upload it and assign ownership over to you when required.
eo_support
Posted: Wednesday, September 12, 2012 12:04:50 PM
Groups: Administration

Thanks for offering the help. There are many more "official stable" builds than what you see in the announcements forum. :) We post actual stable builds much more often than the announcements because a lot of people get annoyed if we post announcements too often. A new announcement is just an accumulation between the last announcement and the current stable build. So we have to think through this first.

Thanks!
Greg
Posted: Monday, September 24, 2012 6:18:56 PM

I would like to throw in some support of this idea as well. I came to the forums specifically looking for information on this topic. I was pleasantly surprised to see it was already being discussed!

For now, I will plan on just stuffing a copy of the EO.PDF.dll in our private NuGet repository - though I would love to see an official build being available on the public NuGet server too. I can understand some of the challenges with multiple releases and a more continuous style of builds and availability... not to mention that currently EO.PDF and EO.Web are packaged in the same installer.