Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

Input string was not in a correct format Treeview and Tabstrip Options
brince
Posted: Saturday, November 3, 2007 7:53:22 AM
Groups: Member

Input string was not in a correct format.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.]
EO.Web.Internal.di.a(cz A_0, HttpResponse A_1, Object A_2) +2579
EO.Web.Internal.al.a(cz A_0) +666
EO.Web.Internal.al.a(HttpApplication A_0) +76
EO.Web.Internal.eb.a(HttpContext A_0) +40
EO.Web.Runtime.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) +38
System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +482
System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +117

eo_support
Posted: Saturday, November 3, 2007 8:07:45 AM
Groups: Administration

Hi Brince,

The error appears to be from the TabStrip when you use overlapping tabs. Do you see any broken images on the TabStrip when this happens? Also, can you find the Url associated with this error? It should be something like "eo_web.ashx?id=......".

Thanks
brince
Posted: Saturday, November 3, 2007 9:40:49 AM

wow thanks for the quick reply, acctually its happen not only in tabs, treeview but also in upload, let start with the trivew when i set the RaisesServerEvent to true and run the application when i click to any item then that error appears i cant understand why
eo_support
Posted: Saturday, November 3, 2007 10:37:43 AM

That definitely looks like a bug. Is it possible for you to isolate it into a separate page so that we can run it at here and see the problem?
brince
Posted: Saturday, November 3, 2007 12:28:24 PM

thanks again, i run the application with another pc with vb 2005, and its run with out erorr, then what i did, uninstall the vb 2005 eo control and the ajax, then i reinstall again, from vb2005, ajax and your controls then run again the problem rise again i dont know how can i fixe the problem, i dont want to format the pc, what i want is to know the couse of the problem... thanks again.... for you very quick reply, im impressed
eo_support
Posted: Saturday, November 3, 2007 12:40:20 PM

Hi Brince,

It's not an installation issue. If you can create a small project that can reproduce the error, we would be happy to take a look and hopefully should be able to identify the root cause of the problem and give you an updated build with the fix.

Thanks
brince
Posted: Saturday, November 3, 2007 12:51:12 PM

thanks again the one that i have here is running one and the project with error is in my office but right now im in my home, hopefully tommorow i will send you the application tommorow that will produce error but i doubt that the error will not arise like what happen to my pc now, coz its working properly..
eo_support
Posted: Saturday, November 3, 2007 12:54:35 PM

Not a problem. Let us know when you have it and we will see what we can do.
brince
Posted: Saturday, November 3, 2007 11:40:16 PM

good day to you.. i send the zip app to your email, and now when i try to use ather control that uses raiseevents the message is the same input string is not in correct format, i doubt that the problem is in my pc, but the problem is what? i cant detect, please help me coz i cant move on.. with this erorr
eo_support
Posted: Sunday, November 4, 2007 6:37:13 AM

Thanks. We have the file, but can you let us know what are the steps to make the error occur?
brince
Posted: Sunday, November 4, 2007 7:58:21 PM

the error is when you click the item from the treeview when the raisevent trigger, then the error is string is not in correct format.. thanks again
eo_support
Posted: Sunday, November 4, 2007 8:06:33 PM

Hi Brince,

We tried that but we do not see any errors. Try to add set requestEncoding and responseEncoding to utf-8 in your web.config and see if it helps:

Code: HTML/ASPX
<globalization requestEncoding="utf-8" responseEncoding="utf-8"/>

Thanks
brince
Posted: Sunday, November 4, 2007 8:11:15 PM

thanks for your reply, now im still in my home i will try in the office but, possible that will help coz the computer that i used there is a multi language OS any way let me try thanks again
brince
Posted: Sunday, November 4, 2007 9:33:07 PM

good day again, im back, i tried your suggestion, but sad to say that the error is the same its giving me string not in correct format im using arabic enabled windows xp sp2, i, confused how to solve this problem i cant move on...
eo_support
Posted: Monday, November 5, 2007 4:20:09 AM

I've created an online meeting for you. Please join the meeting so that we can take a look of what's happening on your machine.
brince
Posted: Monday, November 5, 2007 4:26:48 AM

thanks again i appreciate that, im willing to join the metting
eo_support
Posted: Monday, November 5, 2007 4:30:18 AM

Did you see the meeting link in your private messages? Click "Inbox" on the top of the forum to view your private messages.
brince
Posted: Monday, November 5, 2007 8:31:50 AM

hi, im so happpy and appreciate all your help, now i solve the problem, let me tell you how so next time if someone will encounter the same problem they can solve it. as soon as they can, i solve the problem by changing the regional settings from english us to english philipines and change back to english us then the parse(0) is not an erorr anymore thanksss a lotttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt
eo_support
Posted: Monday, November 5, 2007 8:40:20 AM

brince wrote:
change regional settings from english us to english philipines and change back to english us

That's must have really changed something. :) Thanks for sharing!