Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

Menu Builder Styles - Object reference not set to an instance of an object Options
DLev
Posted: Friday, November 16, 2007 9:54:45 AM
Groups: Member

I'm using the Menu Builder to create drop down menus. When I try to use CSS Style Builder by clicking on the [...] button for Styles -> Normal Style (or any other of the style settings), it throws an error: "Object reference not set to an instance of an object". Am I missing something? I'm using Visual Studio 2005. Do I need to reference an external style sheet for this to work? Thanks very much for your help.
eo_support
Posted: Friday, November 16, 2007 10:07:48 AM
Groups: Administration

It should not do that. Have you tried to load our sample project and see if it still does the same?
DLev
Posted: Friday, November 16, 2007 10:17:21 AM

I just loaded the sample project and also got the error but I built the sample project and ran it and it ran fine.

I need to revise this posting. The sample app ran but I am still getting that Object reference error when I click the button to use the CSS Style Editor.
eo_support
Posted: Friday, November 16, 2007 10:57:59 AM

Hi,

That appears to have to do with your Visual Studio. Have you ever had it working before, or have you had it working on another machine?

Thanks
DLev
Posted: Friday, November 16, 2007 11:05:30 AM

I just started working here and this is my first project. I'm running .NET framework 2.0 with VS 2005. It is my understanding that this set up is an image that is installed on all developer systems.

This PC is probably 5 years old. Not sure if that has anything to do with it. I will download to my home machine and see if it works there. Now that I think of it, I tried to install the asp.net ajax controls and I never could get them to install correctly. I don't have a huge amount of .Net experience btw. Thanks for your quick response.
eo_support
Posted: Friday, November 16, 2007 11:09:30 AM

There could be a problem with your Visual Studio (that could explain why ASP.NET AJAX doesn't install correctly either). So please try it on another computer and see if it works for you. You also want to download our latest build from our website. Please let us know how it goes.

The style editor itself shouldn't affect any other features. So in the mean time you can copy any CSS styles you have to the style properties's CssText property. That would have the same result as you editing the property by clicking the "..." button.