Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

Dialog Control in iFrame Options
Joe Garro
Posted: Tuesday, November 20, 2007 9:12:18 AM
Groups: Member

Hello,

I'm having an issue with the Dialog position when the page is viewed within an iFrame.

Viewing on it's own the Dialogs opens at the top of the page, however within the iFrame it seems to open half way down the page.

Thanks
Joe
eo_support
Posted: Tuesday, November 20, 2007 9:37:52 AM
Groups: Administration

Hi Joe,

Would you mind to post your code so that we can reproduce it in our environment?

Thanks
Joe Garro
Posted: Tuesday, November 20, 2007 9:41:55 AM

Sorry I should correct my initial post. The page is in a Sharepoint WebPart. I placed the page in another blank page with an iFrame and it seems to be fine.

I tried using the Anchor Element and Offset values with no luck.
eo_support
Posted: Tuesday, November 20, 2007 11:06:44 AM

Hi Joe,

That appears to be have to do with your .css styles. Do you have the page online? If we could see it, we might be able to put it in debugger and find out the offending part. Without seeing it it would be shooting in the dark for us.

Thanks
Joe Garro
Posted: Tuesday, November 20, 2007 11:10:39 AM

Unfortunately that site is only available internally. You're guessing that maybe one of the css styles from the main sharepoint page may be interferring?
eo_support
Posted: Tuesday, November 20, 2007 11:17:22 AM

Yes. Based on our experience, most of the time that's the case. However obviously we can't rule out your page contents either. That's why we need to see the page in order to troubleshoot ---- what we do is actually pretty simple: we comment out block by block and gradually narrow down to see what triggered it. Once we know what triggers it, we can create a reproducing sample and then debug our code with it. Once we get there, most of the time we should be able to issue either a fix or a workaround. You might want to try the same in your environment. Just comment things out block by block and it shouldn't be difficult to find out the trigger.