Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

Editable Scheduler/Calendar Options
dano
Posted: Sunday, November 25, 2007 8:43:35 PM
Groups: Member

I was reviewing and evaluating your calendar control and I like the basic functionality that I saw in your editable scheduler. I noticed that there is a calendar method called LoadCalendar. Does this allow us to bind a file/data object to the calendar? Or do I have to manually load each month as they are rendered. Meaning I would need to load events on the initial post, then do server side postbacks when the user changes months.

The demo only saves the events on the client side, and I need to find informaiton for storing the events on the server (hopefully a database table).

Any assistance would be appreciated.
DC
eo_support
Posted: Sunday, November 25, 2007 8:53:54 PM
Groups: Administration

Hi,

I believe LoadCalendar is for skin support. So it has nothing to do with data binding.

The demo does save the notes back to the server through an AJAX call. If you look at the source code (the installer would install the full source code of the demo project on your machine), you would see:

1. After you entered a note and then click save, it calls client side SaveNote function, which in turn triggers an AJAX call with eo_Callback;
2. The AJAX call reaches server side and calls server side event handler CallbackPanel1_Execute. Code in this event handler saves the newly entered notes into ViewState. You would need to change this to store the newly entered notes (or whatever other information you intend it to be editing) into your database;
3. When the Calendar is rendered, it calls Calendar1_DayRender function to render each day cell. Inside this function the sample code would read ViewState to fetch previously saved notes. You would need to change this to read from database;

Hope this makes sense. Feel free to us know if you have any more questions.

Thanks